All meshes turn black after lighting build

Hi,

I have a problem with static lighting build, as the title says all of my meshes turn black after building.

This is a screenshot of my editor when my lights are set to Stationary:

And this is what I got after lighting build:

I’ve done some digging of my own on this problem and seems like most are lightmap UV’s problem. But for this scene, the meshes are migrated from another project that uses baked lighting. If I add a default Cube and bake it would be blacked along with everything else.

Here is my lights setup:
lights

I’ve had this problem for weeks and I’m really frustrated, I will appreciate any help and if you need a screenshot or any further information about my project to solve this problem I will provide it.

Lumen doesn’t work with static lighting, and cancels all lightmaps.

Just turn Lumen off ( project settings ), and bake again?

It’s turned off:

And I’m assuming the lightmaps are good?

I’m actually not 100% sure, but here is a random mesh in the scene:

The shown UV is channel 1. When I import another mesh from another working project and bake it still becomes black.

You need to look at the UVs on channel 1

It is channel 1 (you can see the left arrow I’m pointing in my last reply)

Beg your pardon, now I see the arrow.

Sorry, I have no other ideas.

A lot of people seem to be getting this problem. I’d try just changing a lot of things to see what breaks. Does it work in a new map, does it work in a new project? Etc…

I got everything back to normal, by deleting all the lights and start over. I did not do this earlier because I reverted their values to default, but nothing changed. So I assume this is a bug. I was going to send a bug report but I have no idea what I did to cause it.

But anyway, thank you so much for your help, @ClockworkOcean :slight_smile:

1 Like