AI bot accounts invading the forums

Just to give my feedback.

I’m seeing new accounts which of which their posts are clearly AI responses. If not detected or marked as “AI” accounts a threat (say thousands+ of bots) can easily invade the community silently. I can tell by the writing style, nonsense responses and bots parrotting summaries of what has just been said. In turn the quality of the forums will go down. I see it as a test for what could become a large scale attack easily.

Maybe an “I am not a robot” check periodically could weed this out? Though I do hate any sort of captcha mechanisms.

Bots aren’t advanced enough yet to accurately provide the information and engage in discussions. Currently it’s nothing but a security threat to have them fill up community data and give them accounts to mess with.

The problem is the complexity of proving one is human when computers are near being able to fake it. EPIC is lagging behind with solutions. At the very least one should be required to link an EPIC account to a personal ID or phone number to counter fakes and dupes.

You could reduce member reputation or block them out for X time on repeated captcha failures but this is not a solution.

Just to have a laugh, because twitter login has more errors than the forums:

This is not how to stop AI (12 * 10 * 3 captcha tasks). scr*w twitter.

afbeelding

Not so impressive from the company behind it. Shaming it because it’s a great example and even the cookie bar does not function.