Agent.Respawn causes DBNO issue

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Assets

Summary

View this video https://youtu.be/WrRTwPmpgrc. Using the Respawn function on an agent in a team based mode messes up DBNO, and also as I have heard from 2 other creators, name tags (name tags will no longer be visible to team)

Steps to Reproduce

Watch the video and create a similar setup.

Expected Result

DBNO functions correctly

Observed Result

DBNO does not work corretly after using Agent.Respawn

Platform(s)

PC

Island Code

4189-1486-3520

I have the same issue here. Did you find a workaround?

change their clas using class selector and respawn on switch

Thank you for your reply! I really like your maps, by the way! Sooo, I tried some things with the ClassSelector, and could you tell me if you use it? Is it active or spectating to know if a player is spectating? And do I need to respawn the agent with .Respawn before changing the class with Respawn on Switch?

i respawn in verse, then using class selector then verse again.

I had attempted something similar to this before, but people were getting randomly killed (ignored by DBNO I guess?) or stuck in the ground after death/spectating

You just use player.Respawn, then call an editable class selector, then immediately .Respawn them? Or are you awaiting a death volume/dmg pickup?

0.2 delay in between

1 Like

Thank you! I have it working now!

The status of FORT-727177 incident has been moved from ‘Needs Triage’ to ‘Needs More Info’.

Confirming you fixed this, correct @JoeriDukker ?

I believe the Respawn function on its own still breaks DBNO. As a workaround I respawn players twice. First the Respawn function and after a 0.1s delay respawn them again using a class selector device with Option:Respawn player on switch class

This is not fixed at all. Still needs work. I can confirm that using code to respawn a player causes issues like not being able to spectate others and in some cases the nameplate goes missing. Respawning with verse also doesn’t respect rotation.

Still an issue, please see the following:

Don’t mean to interrupt much I got a notification that my thread was linked just wanted to mention that the bug FORT-751551 according to the bot is on To-Do so it’s probably being looked into.

1 Like

I just tested it and it is still an issue

2 Likes