ADK v222.5 is out!

They took a week to get platforms “right”. Considering baby dinos are a bit more complex…

I’d love to get the Devkit updated with the breeding mechanics before the weekend. But who am I fooling…

At least I hope we get some kind of update this week. Could play around with Quetzl platform at least.

My ADK is currently 92gb, But that is with 2 fairly big mod/map whereas my mods folder is 16gb

Epic Games can’t fix you running out of space on your hard drive. You should just buy another hard drive if you are that low on space (its showing ONLY 60gb free on the drive, and the install uncompressed for the ADK is probably well over 60gb of data. Filling your hard drive to capacity is a really bad habit to get into honestly. HDD’s and SSD’s only function at top/ideal speeds when filled under half way. You are only shooting yourself in the foot by filling your C: drive to its capacity. Also expect a TON of crashes from your OS and stalls if you are filling it up that much. Remember your OS needs free space to cache data, and if it doesn’t have it, well…then applications end up not being able to cache data as intended, resulting in big issues. Not to mention you have no space to put anything else on there (so any updates for your OS are out of the picture with a hard drive this filled).

My suggestion; get another hard drive, install it on there, or move other programs/used space from your C: to the new HDD/SSD.

really? yesterday came ark 219 out and NOW AFTER OVER A WEEK they gave us the missing file from adk 217? what a bad joke…

Yeah how about giving us the 219 KIT damnit.

You notice they have not responded to any of the posts from modders who have broken mods of the platform saddles or raft?

Maybe its time for a change.org petition where we demand they work on ARK and the Ark Dev Kit in a timely fashion and start leaving SOTF behind until the alpha is done, including timely support for their dev kit and the game. I don’t know about you, but I am tired of them GIVING away the money we paid to play the pre-alpha and essentially test it for them to other gamers as prizes for being the best hacker in SOTF.

While what you say is good practice and should be followed… that doesn’t discount the fact that the Epic launcher is poorly coded/put together. Regardless of best practices, an update that is usually around 3-ish GB’s, not installing because even though there is enough space for the update, it’s checking for the space of a full install, that’s just an illogical approach to updating. And the full install of the ADK runs at about 63-65GB’s when not compressed (mine’s 60GB’s as the drive it’s on is compressing everything on it).

I may be mistaken, but I think Alienware is the one footing the bill. I.e the money is coming from them. I think that’s how it’s working, and it would make sense, because ARK is incredibly popular at the moment, and they’d be willing to shell out the cash and hardware to get their name out there even more. And a change.org petition is going to do nothing, they’re not forced to do anything just because of some names on a website, that has no legal ramifications, from a segment of their vast player base is ******.

-WM

For everyone waiting for the v219 update left so info here.

Should be out this weekend

Yeah how much are you willing to bet that it doesn’t, creeping into Sunday soon and no devkit update.

Thanks for the info. Will be looking forward to it. Though it seems it’s more like Monday before I get it.

Well, where is it, because THIS is honestly how you alienate your player base and your modders.

No, the devs just live in a different universe than the rest of us where “this weekend” means something completely different for them than the rest of us. Or I assume such as sunday is almost over and not a single update about any delays or a hiccup that will take more time to fix, just silence and the last day of the weekend continues to move along.

Not saying the did right by promising something they could not live up to, but I think they are very much in our universe where you do not work on a sunday. Which again might be the reason why there is no update yet.

All fine and dandy, don’t work on a Sunday. So basically that means that telling people that something is going to be done “This Weekend” is just blowing smoke up our arses. I would have fired these slackers a long time ago.

They are Americans. So they still work on Saturdays. These poor Americans… :smiley:

So why do we put up with the lying?

I think we will get 220 instead 219. But the game wasnt updated yet.

I guess they meant next weekend when they said that we’ll get a devkit update.