Action RPG Inventory System

Anybody know the difference between these 2 calls? I have to be sure i use the right one since if its getting a clients side stats, those could be hacked but if its the servers side, that would be much better and not hackable. One is a message and one is a interface call so im not entirely sure of the difference.

I tried to send a PM but it blocked me

Hello everyone! i need help, i can’t save and load inventory, can you help me?

I havent tried to load and save inventory, but I would look at how it init the inventory in the example, that logic would be pretty much how to load, once you know what data you need to save you could then use unreals game save for local saves to test before worrying about cloud saves if you even wanted to go that far.

I managed to fix the inventory interaction but now I have broken the UI for my survival settings. If I add both widgets, I lose interactivity.

I made video how to implement sounds into your asset. I hope it helps audio people to understand where they should look if they are not really into blueprints. UE4 RPG Inventory by Vanguard Interactive Sound Implementation - YouTube

do you know which variables I have to save to load the inventory?

I think you need to save inventory item array from inventory component.

I’ve tried many times but it doesn’t work, can you try?

1 Like

It really depend on how you want to make saving system. This is one way to do it Save RPG Inventory Request - YouTube sorry that without verbal explanation) it takes time to write down text.

You also can get inventory array from possibly it is better way to do it

thank you so much for your help but unfortunately I couldn’t solve it (I know I’m noob), I’m trying to save the variables as in the photo but unfortunately nothing …

What is “XP Leveling” refrence, check if it works. It better to try to make Game Instance first, you 're gonna need it in any case. Then put save function in Player Controller or custom GameMode

XP Leveling ”reference is the character experience system, and works perfectly,the Game Instance is already there.do I have to put the save system in the Player Controller?it already works well, the problem is that I can not save the inventory …

I don’t see on second screenshot that you save inventory array, so if you put save function to player controller you can get inventory from there as I showed in video or you can make inventory array in game instance, update it and have access it from any blueprint.

I did everything you wrote, unfortunately it doesn’t work, thanks anyway

Sorry, but the only option I see is if you share your project to have a look.

I can not share the whole project is too big, maybe I have not explained well what I want to do; the 2 screenshots I posted are two functions found in the player character, the save works fine, I followed the video you posted and it works for saving, but then I can’t reload it; if you took the 2 screenshots as an example and tried to insert the variables both in the save and in the load it would be perfect, if you can, if not, thank you all the same, you have already done enough for me

1 Like

RPG Inventory Savegame - YouTube hope it will help. Also take a look at Ryan videos about saving and loading Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial - Saving & Loading Pt.1 Basics - YouTube

hey bro it works great! I thank you so much! I was going crazy, you’re the only one who helped me! thanks again I will not forget it!

1 Like

Hey, has this been asked before? I want to control the camera without holding the right mouse button, but I can’t seem to get it working right. I tried replacing the “set input mode game and ui” node with “set input game only”, but that only works until I click something. Then it goes back to requiring me to hold the right mouse button.