Action RPG Inventory System

anyone has an issue regarding the items equipped? for some reason they are blinking

//edit: fixed it :slight_smile:

Hi, can you post a Gif showing the issue?

For everyone having a problem with Tooltip on items being wrong.

Oh god Iā€™m an idiot! The tutorial video didnā€™t show it so I missed it.There is an interface function in the PlayerController called UI_Get_ToolTIp_Info. You have to add a Get Data Table Row and use Itemlist. After that, it works splendidly! For some reason my exec had been disconnected after I upgraded the project from 4.17 to 4.18.

Always these small things that bugs your brain the mostā€¦

All good! Thanks for the desire to help :stuck_out_tongue:

On the other hand, Im stucked at something. What would be the proper way to execute something on the PlayerCharacter, Client-side? This is what I want.:

Im wokring in a simple quest system. I already have the UMG and the npc.
I want that when an overlap happens (currently a SphereCollision), it shows a ā€œ!ā€ or ā€œ?ā€ above the NPC. As of now (testing) I have that if gender is male, it shows ā€œ!ā€, if its female, ā€œ?ā€, so I can see if it works in multiplayer, since every player will have actively different quests, so its just as test.

I have this code
https://s10.postimg.org/j39h8jcx5/image.png

It does work, however, if I overlap on player #1, it wil show the ā€œ!ā€ sign. The moment I overlap with player #2, it shows on both players the ā€œ!ā€ and ā€œ?ā€ sign.

So my question is:
What is the proper way to call Player Character client-side?
Ciao :slight_smile:

On your overlap event cast to your Player Character and check if its locally controlled, you should be handling this in the NPC its self giving it its own overlap events.

Yeah, the thing is it always fail (not the character cast), but the isLocallyControlled.

//edit: what I ended up doing is just making sure the overlap is on the server, then making a customevent (owning client rep) on the mptopdowncontroller and sending here the npc reference. This would end up on the client-side, so just popping the images ? ! above the npcs so only that client can see it. I was trying to avoid the usage of the server-side but it will do the trick.
https://s14.postimg.org/dbp5euiyp/MPā€¦troller_bp.png
https://s14.postimg.org/eqqq3krrl/NPC_bp.png

Hi, I would like the inventory slots to be added dynamically instead of being added with empty item info at startup and then set on ā€œUseInventoryItemā€ function.

If iā€™m right, the default empty inventory slots are created here in the InventoryManagerComponent by the ā€œAddInventorySlotā€ function:

And slot item infos are set by the ā€œAddItemā€ function. Is this right?

Can I break the ā€œCreate Inventory Slotsā€ function so it increment slot number but without adding an ā€œInventory_Slotā€ widget, then create this widget in the ā€œAddItemā€ function right before setting its item info or does it require more modifications?

ok, I broke the ā€œcreate inventory slotsā€ function (bypass it in the ā€œLoad inventoryā€ function) and added the "add inventory slotā€™ here in the screeshot (column is zero as I want a list instead of a grid, not sure if the row increment is ok)
Now my item are dynamically added to a list but I have a problem while using inventory items, if I right click on one of them, they are added to the equipement or consumed BUT an empty slot is added to the list (I removed the function deleting slots of equiped items, as I want them to be highlighted in the list)

Can anyone give me some assistance with implementing a weapon system? Iā€™m using this with the art of combat which has a weapon system built in I just need to figure out how in the equip item area I make it where it equips a blueprint instead of a mesh. And how I would go about assigning like an item Id to the equip item so it knows which blueprint to equip. I spent 5 hours combing this post last night and looking for answers elsewhere and canā€™t figure it out

Has anyone used this with the art of combat? i have literally been pulling my hair out for days trying to get the weapons integrated to where when i equip a weapon in the inventory system it is referencing the weapon mesh used by the art of combat character. has anyone done this successfully?

Has anyone gotten this to work with a gamepad yet? i cant seem to figure out how to show the tooltip info with the gamepad.

Hi all !

I come to you because i have an problem. I added an hunger and an thirst variable on this system, like health. All itā€™s ok and all works now. If i use an item with 5 on hunger, i added 5 on my hunger character stats, exactly the same with thirst. If i use an item with +5 hunger, +5 thirst, +5 health, thatā€™s work too. All the function works with it. But i have just one problem. When i create a new loot_actor child, to create a new consumable_chest_usable with some consumable item like apple, bottle of water etc, thatā€™s work fine, i can loot my bottle of water, my apple etc but, when i use it, that donā€™t change my stats. I can use my item but itā€™s like, when i take this item from an loot_actor, the tooltip itā€™s not perfectly transmitted.

I donā€™t really know why, itā€™s been a week since Iā€™m looking for why, normally, everything is well transmitted, all over my InventoryManagerComponenent, so I really do not understand why. Do you have an idea?

Thanks to your help, your time :slight_smile: and sorry to my bad english, iā€™m french !

Oh and, someone here use the dynamic combat system (Dynamic Combat System in Blueprints - UE Marketplace) with it ?

Hi,
I try to make persistent world with your ARPG inv and when the player connect i use TryAddItemToInv and itā€™s always FULL inventory but i donā€™t know why ;/
If you have an idea :slight_smile:

Browsed through and didnā€™t see anything on this issue, so I appologize if this has already been addressed somewhere.

I am combining the inventory system with the topdown rpg system. I have followed the tuts to the letter four times now and keep ending up with the same issue. The data tables are having a no row struct error so theyā€™re not reading at all. I have exported them out of the inventory system solo and reimported them into the rpg system to no avail. At this point Iā€™m not sure what the issue is.

I found a fix for this. I had to import the item list with a new name, assign it to the proper struct, then go in and reassign all of the icons and meshes in the data table.

hey i looked through the post and couldnt find anything. im not sure where i messed up but anytime i try to drag/drop an item the item appears way far away from the mouse cursor, it will still drop wherever i have my cursor set but the icon is way out to the left. does anyone know why this happens or where i can fix?

Wowā€¦ mind =blown i have been busting my forehead on my desk for the last few weeks trying to figure this one out. Approved answer to the tool tip issue. Iā€™ve gone as far as attempting to make new functions I hadnā€™t even considered the fact that this issue would be hanging out in the player controller but make senseā€¦ like you said its always the little things we over look and over think ā– ā– ā– ā– . well done.

Hello,
I have a seemingly silly question but here it isā€¦

How do you modify the players starting equipment. I want the player to start with the same loadout every time I test the game. By default, the initial loadout seems to be randomized. Help on where to edit this would be appreciated. Thanks!

To me it sounds like your item info isnā€™t being set correctly on your items being spawned in your loot actor, if the tool tip is showing no stats then there is none, i would trace it back from the loot actor and make sure those stats are being set correctly

Hi, Theres data table called ā€œClassStartingEquipmentā€ in the Demo folder in blueprints which controls all this.

Okay great! I donā€™t know how I missed that. So one more follow up question. I only want one class with my project. How can I ensure that the player always begins as a ā€œWarriorā€? Just to get it so that the class is always the same.

Thanks for your quick response earlier! (: