Action RPG Inventory System

Hi shadowpoet, to me it sounds like you lack basic blueprint knowledge so your creating these issues on your own, ill try to help you best i can but you will have to explain your issues, re-parenting your character to the inventory character is needed as a lot of logic references back to this parent class.

Also about pirate which offers support for this asset, he has a sick family member which takes up a lot of his time these days so please understand he not always able to offer support, but he does try his best.

@Pirate, would it be possible to add ā€˜Setsā€™ for weapons similiar to Diablo 2?
Player had 2 slots for each hand and shortcut to swap the weapon and off-hand item very quickly.
Is there a chance you could add this funtionality? Or at least point me to a ā€˜how toā€™?
Cheers, H.

Hey guys,

Love the pack, however as Iā€™m integrating it Iā€™m having issues with the HUD. I was using my own HUD and even though I migrated everything from the HUDLayout to my layout I still get errors and my HUDreference doesnā€™t want to be taken in my custom player controller. I realize this may be a bit of a nebulous description and if nobody knows what the hell Iā€™m talking about I can provide screenshots. Really what I want to know is exactly how to migrate the prefab hud into my hud and replace the references correctly. Itā€™s not shown in its entirety in the video.

Thank you all very much for your time and patience,
Morgan

Have anyone an fix for it?

I currently have it fixed and working, my issue was more to the point this was not basic to intermediate there was a lot of things that needed to be changed to get it working correctly. There for one was errors that was not supposed to show up unless you were using your own player controller, which was not the case.

I deleted my hud and used theres only, i had same issues not sure how much work you have done in yours but it was easiest for me as i did not have much work i wanted or was interested in keeping

There was an update today. Can you put a note on what changed?

Itā€™s been weeks since I first got the " Inventory full " error and I just canā€™t find why. Here https://i.imgur.com/8o0Aqp2.png you can see itā€™s correctly casting to my player controller but as Iā€™ve seen on page 44 of the thread but it still doesnā€™t work. Iā€™ve been checking the original version and I canā€™t find what I missed, I feel pretty stupid. Can someone just guide me what/where to look ? Thanks !

Could we please get some information about todays update ?

Why is it now: Add to project??

Maybe its fixed with last update. I can now loot in the demo without problems. But it would be nice to know what they changedā€¦ I have already merged older version into Top Down Kitā€¦

Heya Shadow, yeah I followed your advice. Iā€™m beset by a new issue though. Iā€™m unable to use any of the keys to open the inventory boxes, and when I close the game I get this error:

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property InventoryManagerReference from function: ā€˜Get_Visibilityā€™ from node: Branch in graph: Get_Visibility in object: InteractText with description: Accessed None trying to read property InventoryManagerReference

Hello,
I am french so sorry for the mistakesā€¦
I have bought your Action RPG Inventory System on unreal market but i have some troubles with it. I am a beginner on unreal engine.
I am testing your inventory system on Mixamo character. The weapon are working well, but for the other things is different.
When i equiped the helmet it is turned at 90Ā°. I donā€™t know how to fix it.
Also, when I try to equiped the others things (gloves, back, shoesā€¦) nothing happen.
Did I miss something that caused the problems ?
Thank you so much for your answers !

Best regards

Hi there,

Do you have any tip, how to attach as a weapon some skeletal mesh with animation blueprint and use it?
Right now whatever I do, itā€™s impossible to make it work properly and also crashes engine while debuging.

I also trying to get animation when equiped weapon ? no idea

No support in here and email alsoā€¦

I believe if you read back through the thread that you will find that @Pirate had been dealing with an ongoing family issue and is more or less out of communication. Prior to this unhappy occurance, he went the extra mile to help with the ARPGIS and should not be faulted for circumstances out of his control. Have you gone through the tutorials? For a tutorial on creating and implementing an equip weapon animation, which I believe is one of your questions, there are a number of tutorials available on Youtube and in all truth that particular mechanic is beyond the scope of the ARPGIS.

Hey,

I hope someone can help me with a problem I have?

I want to find a way to make the items that drop randomly and are picked up by the player be persistent. By that I mean, once it is in the inventory that instance of the item with any randomised stats etc defined when it was created should last for the items lifetime.
Currently, it recreates the instance every time the item is manipulated in the inventory, like moved to a different slot or in the case of a weapon or armour etc - equipped and unequipped.

I think itā€™s probably something I can add to the items, some kind of unique ID that I can define when itā€™s created, and save or tie in the unique properties of the item to that unique ID, then just use that as some kind of reference that I can call back whenever the item is manipulated and recreated.
I hope thatā€™s clear?

I have tried this with other inventory systems and always struggled with this part, but Iā€™m told the way this inventory system is created supports that kind of randomised item persistence in theory.
Iā€™m not a massively experienced scripter. I mean I can usually trace something back to debug and figure something out once itā€™s created but modifying or creating from scratch something like this might be a little ahead of my knowledge at the moment!

Can anyone tell me if Iā€™m on the right lines, provide some help etc?

I have a good basis for my game with stats, enemies, procedural levels, levelling system etc but having actual randomised items with random stats is what I need. I have the system scripted already to make the items have random appearances and stats but I canā€™t retain those stats between item manipulation.

Anyway, I think you get the idea.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Daz

Guys how can i add a slot so the character can equip more things
you can tell me if you whant in discord
TheGamer Flame#6773