Action RPG Inventory System

I’m not sure , perhaps they didn’t like the video? I have downvotes on youtube videos too.

There isn’t some ominous work at play here. I can assure you we are all trying to help even after your negative remarks and loose interpretation of marketplace rules. We are just trying to help you with your issues and also a few people chimed in on their own to help make clear marketplace obligations since you were having trouble understanding those.

There is nothing personal against you here, we are all much too busy and mature to perpetuate this type of drama.

I was moving to a new country (not down the block…) and the best way to reach me was via email during this transition. I am sorry you felt me stating this as an apology was me making it up and trying to ignore you.

Within hours of getting your email I helped you resolve your issues.

At this point I’m going to ask everyone to just drop the topic of a sellers obligations because this is not the place for it as the point seems to be lost.

I do my best to go above and beyond the level of support required and have hundreds of happy customers. I am also extremely fortunate to have a lot of grest owners helping in the thread and sharing information and solutions for people.

So hopefully this is the end of it. Your issues are resolved and if you have anymore please send an email if you want the quickest support reaction time while I am in transition.

Thanks @Pirate @ToxinGaming

The steps you, @ToxinGaming, showed me worked very fine! You had already spoken about that since the beginning.

But I had to move the entire keyboard, mouse control from the standard playercharacter to playercontroller in order to use part of the code responsible for turning on/off automatically the suspended Container_pot UI when I move away from the container object. I had to add it in the ‘Add Input Movement function’ for Move Forward and Move right. And only works within the PlayerController, so I had to create a reference for my playercharacter as the target object in order to use these functions within the PlayerController.

And the events ‘Event_SetUIMode’ are still connected in InventoryManagerComponent, as shown in the picture five.

And finally to began to show many errors (the type ‘accessed none’ in many variables inside the interact text functions) when I tested it in a multiplayer scenario.

I think I solved this by converting one of the “interact text” functions in Pure and then clearing it again. But no matter now, everything works perfectly. The inventory are showing the mouse cursor only when I enable UI mode, or I approach a pot which opens an UI. I have not tested it fully yet. But so far it is very good

You may certainly count me in the happy customer column!

:slight_smile:

I am happy to hear all your issues in your project are resolved.

Don’t worry, it has been brought up and Epic is in the process of making the rules clearer so buyers can fully understand what to expect from sellers.

Like exi said, I go above and beyond most sellers so lets please end this debate as it seems to be going nowhere as what you keep quoting has nothing to do with marketplace seller obligations and it’s really just a suggestion for ways to conduct your business. Bringing it up continuously implies that I lack professionalism, the product is not as advertised, I don’t help or support buyers or follow the marketplace rules. Which is clearly not true.

At this point I will ask again to please keep posts related to the Inventory System and to drop the discussion of marketplace rules.

@ToxinGaming Tanks for the like :slight_smile:
Yes is Cel shade post process

Regards

@Baditude mad?

lunny this asset in my opinion is the best inventory we can find on ue4 u just cant private contact with pirate? i think ur annoying him a little bit and with your spam ur just underrating his work

At this point it’s all been resolved, I think.
I would like to get this thread back on track as new viewers are just going to see some drama and it will make the asset and myself look bad.

Pirate,
I qualified your inventory as excelente.

HI there,

First off I’m a newbie. I’ve only been playing with Unreal for 1.5 months now.

I’m building a FPS game and I’m to the point I need an inventory system. I purchased yours and I love what I know it can be.

That being said I’ve spent all week trying to integrate it into my game and I am having no luck.

I’ve watched the merge video at least 10 times now and I can not get it to work.

Here is the point I’m at.

If I use the standard player controller that came with the FPS mode I can see your hud but when I hit the I button nothing happens.

If I set the game mode to use the inventory player controller the inventory system works but my character cannot move, jump, etc.

Can you tell me what I’m doing wrong?

At this point my project is at a standstill so any direction you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arthur

Double check your character class doesn’t have input code that conflicts with the player controllers input setup. Epic templates tend to throw everything into the Character class and not have a Controller, when your controls should just be in the controller.
Not sure where there would be an issue though without seeing your project.

Do you have the input keybinds setup in your project input settings? and your Character class parented to EquipmentCharacter?

A quick tip on how to ghetto fix issues. If your inventory does not open with the I key, try to put a PRINT TEXT node in between some places, so when you press I you can tell how far the code is going before stopping to work as intended. This way you can tell if the code even considers you pressing I or whether it fails somewhere further into the code.

Ether that or use break points add one just after the code your testing, use F9 to toggle them for each node.

Hi there,

FOUND IT!!! There was a reference to a character variable in the movement section that was not pointing at my character. I switched in my character reference and everything works great now!

Thank you Black cat, Overrated and of course Pirate!!!

Regards,

Arthur

Hi all,

I’m having a little issue attatching a particle effect to a weapon for like an enchantment, I attatched it in the blueprint but it only attaches to the static mesh and shows when its initially placed in the level.
is there any way to get it to attach to the Skeletal mesh I made sockets on the skeletal mesh and added the particle in persona but still not showing while equipped. is there an area in the inventory system where it spawns the skeletal mesh I have been searching for a way to do this but no luck

thank you

In the EquipmentInventoryComponent there is a function called UpdateEquippedMeshes().

This is triggered whenever the equipment slots (0-13) are changed. It’s what interacts with the EquipmentCharacter class and sets the skeletal mesh.

If you want to spawn and attach actors you’ll need to modify this and the EquipmentCharacter class.

c6ad92988ac1aebb0ac50c8302e92d8eb1029598.jpeg1ba0bc0b312e0605a48eebb7103f7d57bf1b4849.jpeg

I got it to work but I’m not sure if this is a proper way to do it, I did it all in the EquipmentInventoryComponent and the function is called after UpdateEquippedMeshes for the mainhand

Pirate, I’m still new and I apologize but I did not fully understand what I needed to modify in the EquipmentCharacter class. so I went with trying to modify what happened after the update mesh function.

e0ad3077660171190dca0da66b5ce46ac729d9b7.jpeg

Having a small issue with creating UI graphics, as demonstrated in the video. Using the same settings as in the video, but my custom ui icons always end up lit overbright like this.

Looks like an sRGB issue try ticking the sRGB box in your texture off to see if it corrects

You will be better off changing the main hand to a actor equip system and do all your emitters inside the weapons blueprint its self.

I wouldn’t know where to begin to do that but I am willing to learn, also I’m stuck with the animation blueprint, I disabled the anim BP to add a mesh to the equipment character and now when I select the animBP again and recompile I loose all animation for the character I recompiled and saved every blueprint in the project but still nothing restarted as well