Action RPG Inventory System

Thanks again @Pirate @ToxinGaming

About FPS Inventory Mode

It does not works with the Left ALT key also
I follow it for more than 5 times since the beginning.

[FONT=Arial Black]As promised

[FONT=Arial Black]ONE “Conventional method: Press I to OPEN UI” (In ‘Player Controller’)
shows opening conventionally the inventory by pressing “I”
http://i.imgur.com/YTfvyQU.png

[FONT=Arial Black]TWO “To OPEN UI in FPS Mode” (In ‘Player Controller’)
Open UI in FPS Mode by pressing Alt Key
http://i.imgur.com/tQvCJ71.png

[FONT=Arial Black]THREE ‘SetUIMode’ Function to FPS UI Mode (In ‘Player Controller’)
Inside the Function Used as Node in image above.
http://i.imgur.com/RfNne94.png

[FONT=Arial Black]FOUR (In ‘Player Controller’)
Setup HUD to Open in FPS UI Mode “old function changed to new ‘SetUIMode’ Function”
http://i.imgur.com/ZhsWXHR.png

[FONT=Arial Black]FIVE (In ‘InventoryManagerComponent’)
New Custom Event “Event_SetUIMode” added in “InventoryManagerComponent” to OPEN-CLOSE FPS UI Mode
http://i.imgur.com/7vG9M4g.png

About:

Perhaps not everyone has noticed or are needing this resource. But Does not would be more easier to get into contact and provide some supporte? Even after the first time I tried to communicate with you. And I’m still not sure how to add this feature in the way like you said. “…you just need to simply add in the interact fuctions and add the nodes that were skipped in the function for the clients get useable actor loop.”

[FONT=Arial Black]
thanks for Crosshair!
Now I can adjusting the Crosshair position in the screen with more precision, just changing values inside HUD Class. It’s more easier and better, that adjust the third persons Player’s camera like shown in the Youtube tutorial and putting the springarm out of adjustment, every time.

All your Left Alt button does is change the UI mode, it doesn’t actually call the functions to open your inventory.

If you want to test your Left Alt to open your inventory, put in a Custom Event and attach it to the same branch in your first picture. Then call your new Custom Event after the Set UI Mode node in your second picture.

Hello, having a slight issue following the merging tutorial:

At around 10 minutes, the instructor replaces the character reference with another character. However the video mentions multiple times that, if the supplied player controller is used, specific steps can be skipped. Now the confusing part for me is whether I am supposed to replace the character reference variable to use my own character or not.

Here is my setup:

Based off FPS template. My own character. No existing player controller (the default "player controller is set in the game mode), however I have no custom functionality there yet. So as advised, I plan to use the inventory player controller, but still use my own character. And yes, my character was reparented to the inventory character.
In the game mode, the InventoryHUD and InventoryPlayerController are set, however the character is my own.

If I compile my code, the inventory quickbar, player name (“PLAYER”), hints all appear, but the player input is blocked and pressing I produces several errors in the log:

My guess the character reference is bonked?

This is a very important statement, as a buyer you are buying a package and that package should be with out error (as Pirate has been addressing any minor bugs from the start). It is not up to the SELLER to MAKE it work in YOUR project.

I suggest you improve your personal skill level with the engine. It’s not up to Content sellers to Teach you how to use the engine.

yes,

Unless you are using the inventory character you will need to replace the Character reference with your character. Since you do not have a custom controller you will be using the inventory player controller instead of merging the two controllers (your own and the inventory)

Sorry for the short reply, but hopefully this will help you get started.

Re watch the video with this in mind.

It looks like the InventoryUI reference is null. When you initialize the clients inventory in the player controller you pass in the Inventory UMG reference to the InventoryManagerComponent.

As for the Character reference that only affects equipped meshes and not the inventory system. Parent YourCharacter to EquipmentCharacter and if YourCharacter was parented to something other than the default Character class parent EquipmentCharacter to that first before reparenting YourCharacter to EquipmentCharacter. Hope that makes sense.

If you still have issues send me an email support@vanguardinteractive.com as I get alerts on my phone and can reply quicker that way right now.

Thanks. I changed the variable to point to my own character, then I carefully reconnected the character references after it. However I am still stuck with some runtime errors. Not sure where to look for the issue as these are not compiling errors:

ac525e63eed0c7d8d9d460d4d05e463bca7377e5.jpeg

EDIT: posted this seconds after Pirate’s post, I will read your instructions then reply back.
EDIT2: Sent you an email.

Thanks @Robviously

[FONT=Arial Black]thanks for Crosshair @Pirate
Now I can adjusting the Crosshair position in the screen with more precision, just changing values inside HUD Class. It’s more easier and better, that adjust the third persons Player’s camera like shown in the Youtube tutorial and putting the springarm out of adjustment, every time.

It’s not personal you just caught me at the worst possible time. Normally I am checking the forums multiple times a day, but this week has been especially difficult.

To migrate the interact text do the following

HUDLayout]
Make sure you have the Interact Text widget added into your HUD Layout as the player controller functions will need to access it to update the text and show/hide the UMG widget.

InventoryPlayerController]

Recreate the follow functions in your own player controller (they are under the demo function folder)
SetInteractText()
GetActorActionText()
ShowInteractText()
HideInteractText()

If you create the functions with the same names and Input/Output signatures first then it should be a simple copy paste job for the code inside the functions.

Finally to hook up the InteractText you need to look in the Function GetUseableActorFocus() and at the end of each of the logic paths there are functions nodes for interact text. Add these into your player controllers GetUseableActorFocus().

Also just on a side note about the debate about what a seller has to provide support for.

The videos are my own choice and I am not required to create tutorials or help people with issues in their own game projects. I created the tutorials to help show people ways to do things. If someone isn’t able to do basic unreal blueprinting or lack the willingness to learn then they really shouldn’t be buying assets to begin with.

I have tried my best to offer more and better support than most sellers. I spend countless hours most weeks helping people who have bought my assets with issues not related to the assets but because they want to know how to integrate something new with it, or the best way to create a crafting or weapon system… Often to the point they should start paying me to make their game :P.

I talk with a lot of marketplace staff and sellers and in most aspects the support I provide extremely exceeds all expectations.
Again you just caught me on a bad week and I have apologized for it.

If you are making a game and have game development deadlines you might consider hiring a developer to help develop your game. If you can afford an office you can probably afford some of the modest hourly wages people in the looking for work forum with loads of unreal experience are asking. I could even recommend a few :slight_smile:

Don’t take this the wrong way but the problem here isn’t the inventory system or the tutorial its your lack of blueprint knowledge, if you can’t understand the basics you should go back and learn them as you can’t state some think doesn’t work for you when it does for everyone else, its ok to follow and copy from online tutorials but if you don’t understand what there actually doing it defeats the point.

Hey there,

as a Marketplace Seller myself I need to say, that the amount of Support, which Pirate provides, is way more than the required one.

In fact, I never actually explained someone how to merge my Project (Lobby System) and I will probably never actually do that.

Why?

Because that’s not what a Marketplace Seller is there for. We make sure that the Project is supported and working in its original state.
That means, if Pirate’s Inventory System works in the new and fresh downloaded Project of him, then it’s all fine. If something
breaks or something is not clear (inside of the project itself!), then he needs to take action and fix/explain stuff.

BUT! Nothing outside of that. Requesting Pirate to explain how to merge (or help merging) the System into an existing Project is a no-go.
I, personally, would take money for that. When you (no one in person) buy a Blueprint Marketplace Project, you need to be sure
that you actually understand Blueprint Code just by reading Comments. Everything else (like Videos etc) is totally up to the Seller
and not required. If you can’t work with Blueprint Systems of other, I would recommend studying some more tutorials and learn
more about programming first.

I mean, you wouldn’t go to the property market, buy a hammer and then ask the guy at the front desk how to build your house with it, would you?
As long as you know how to use the ‘hammer’ it’s all fine.

So, @lunyBunny

This is not true. You actually said that it’s working in the original Project and that’s all that is needed. If it’s not working in the merged project, then
you did something wrong when merging it. And it’s NOT the Sellers “obligation” to help you there.

Cheers!

Thanks Pirate

Interaction Text working now.

[FONT=Arial Black]But the inventory does not open when I press alt.

Now it’s worse. I have to press alt to show the mouse cursor and “I” to show inventory. :frowning:

You can see here that I followed all steps perfectly: POST #562

In your first picture with the “I” function, connect your SetUIMode function at the end similar to what you do in picture five. So it should go Client Open Inventory -> Client Open Equipment -> SetUIMode with UIMode checked. The close branch should go Client Close Inventory -> Client Close Equipment -> SetUIMode with UIMode unchecked.

@eXi

I think I’ll need your lobby system when finished all subsystems in my game. I liked a lot of the features.:slight_smile:

I do not mean to be disrespectful or inconvenient with you, but there is something that goes beyond a contract clause. This is called cooperation.

It does not cost me anything to offer help to others peoples

@lunyBunny That still doesn’t include a Marketplace Seller helping people to learn Blueprints or fixing their projects.
You can have all support regarding the untouched project, but as soon as you manage to break it by changing stuff
or migrating/merging, it’s kinda up to you. And giving someone a bad reputation/rating for not doing extra work (for free!) is way worse.

What you call “cooperation” sounds more like your view of “obligation” and that’s just not going to happen, at least for me.
Be happy that he helped you merging it, I would too, if you pay me for it.

PS: I also recommend you to only buy my Lobby System if you are able to work with it beyond the demo project. This is what I tell
every possible buyer and by now, everyone was happy the way it’s being handled.

Thank you @ToxinGaming:):):slight_smile:

Now it works!!!

Apparently It works perfectly when I press the left alt key. The inventory opens, and the mouse cursor appears simultaneously, the way it should work, OK.

And pressing ‘E’ performs a toggle operation opening / closing the Container_Pot UI, simultaneously showing / hiding the mouse cursor.

I think, is good, now!!!

Thank you very much! Pirate; ToxinGaming

Thank you :smiley:

PS: I also recommend you to only buy my Lobby System if you are able to work with it beyond the demo project. This is what I tell
every possible buyer and by now, everyone was happy the way it’s being handled.
[/QUOTE]

Please, do not say that!!! This is bad for your business and Epic’s business!!!.

Then I’ll have to wait a more modular and friendly approach for a lobby system!!!
This is not a euphemism, do not get me wrong, it’s just a warning for you and other marketplace sellers.

I know there is wonderful sellers working for Epic’s Marketplace, particularly good persons, which helped me a lot as great professionals they are, I would consider them as old friends even knowing them very little. And I would do everything possible to help them like they helped me. Epic needs more commercial games, being created with the Unreal Engine 4 and not recluses in the island of Alcatraz. This is the Epic’s business and we have to be all winners here!

I know someone was there in my youtube video, showing the Pirate’s inventory working in my game and gave a negative review, Only left me to go there and take one more negative review to complete this misfortune. I do not know what this guy don’t liked. Do not like to see the Pirate’s inventory working fine in my project as an tribute for an excellent Inventory system?

I gave your youtube vid a like, that art style is pretty interesting. Is that just a post processing filter or is everything cel-shaded(?) by itself?

Now you just have to skin the inventory system to match your art style and you’ll be good to go.