Action RPG Inventory System

Make sure it still has the correct anim blueprint selected for the mesh for the character.

To setup a actor equip system you want to add a actor class to your inventorys item structure, and inside the equipment character add a new class variable called mainhandactor and set it to rep notify, then in UpdateEquippedMeshes have a check to see if there is a vaild actor class on the following item if so set the mainhandactor and if there is no class set mainhand mesh instead, this should point you in the right direction but you also have to handle unequipping.

sorry replying off my phone so its abit hard to type.

Unfortunately not. Is this perhaps a bug in the engine?

Icons should be made in PS or Gimp print screen the mesh in the view port then create them and import into the engine.

That is exactly what I did. As I said, the picture appears overbright no matter the settings. I think that is a bug in the engine? I have tried several formats now. TGA, PNG, JPG, with and without alpha.

Its not a bug as i have imported over 10 icons on 4.11 so far, Try exporting one of the demo icons and using that as a template, remember to select lighting complexity to grab a alpha map of the mesh so you can remove the viewport background for the icon, it will save you cutting around the edges.

I am getting this problem with any picture. I will take this to the asset creation forum, as this is not a problem with the ARPG.

If you find a solution please post it here as others will most likely run i to it as well.

Wish I knew what was causing it.

hello again so I tried to move over my mount system from my test project and it broke lol any ideas would help, Iā€™m using the inventory controller as my base controller but when I possess the ā€œmountā€ I have no movement I can rotate the camera with the arrow keys and open my inventory and everything, just cant move. The system works fine in any other project so is it an issue with me using the Inventory controller as base? sorry if this isnā€™t related to the system

I tried just possessing another equipment character, and inventory character, but non have movment

When merging projects make sure your not doubling up on inputs as the ARPG Inventory is ment to be used as a base it has its own inputs inside the player controller, most project have the movement inside the player character, try adding print strings to the movement inputs to see if there firing.

Hi Again, @Pirate

Please.

I need help about this, Iā€™m using your examples to be able to use the data tables in your inventory system to create functional items for my game, like add health, mana, speel, functional weapon

Your help will be appreciated

Hello thanks for the reply, the inputs for the controller are not firing, but I did notice I had inputs in the base third person character blueprint I took them out and its still wanting to go from there it seems.

In your game mode make sure you have the correct character selected, the characters inputs will be overwritten by the controller.

When copying over functions you need to be very careful to compare the parts that are missing after the copy. Because there will be parts missings, variables that do not exist in the new blueprint, broken connections. So the first stept is to make sure the copy is 1:1 identical. Then to fix bugs, you need to first find out where the bug happens. You can do that with ghetto debug. Place a print text node near nodes so when your code runs you can trace where it fails.

Yes, the best approach is to make sure you create the functions with the input/outputs then create the local variables with the exact names and correct types. After that copy and pasting should be for the most part painless.

, I will try and put togethet a list for you tomorrow. There should be the functions in the controller a few events on the event graph and I believe in the Character class too. If that all seems the same as you already migrated then make sure the UI widgets are accessing your class as the PlayerFrame widget has a cast node when reading data, so you will need to replace that to read variables from your own class.

That last part is most likely your issue.
Let me know of that is the case or not.

in my game mode I have the Inventory character selected, now it possess the print string still only happens in the thirdperson character blueprint, then when I hool the function back up the after posses the character just auto runs forward

thanks @Pirate [MENTION=38122]black cat[/MENTION]

I am analyzing the blueprint now.

is your game mode being used for the current level your testing on? check in the world settings

aye it is being used

so I kinda got the mount system working I had to create a child blueprint form Inventory Character and not from anything else. it attached the player character to the mount and possess the mount and dismount all seem to be working with that child so Iā€™m happy. thanks for the assistance

if you followed the guide correctly it tells you to reparant your character blueprint to the equipment character.