Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

I did upload of an blank third person project with the problems above replicated in UE 4.22.0 version.

Thanks Teak. Means a lot.

Perfect! Thank you.

Alright, Able v3.0.3 is submitted. It fixes quite a few bugs with the 3.0 update, including dynamic fields not working properly, the Preview/Target drop downs not properly populating, and a crash with channeled abilities (which is what was biting @Demonrras )

I have a lot of issues with new version using custom task created with blueprints.

1. Crash when building DependencyList on PostLoad() - basically I can not create custom task using blueprints because of this crash.
  2. When creating new custom task there is a crash when creating custom scratchpad.

Basically I think you should try to make some easy custom blueprints tasks to test things out.

You can create the same task as mine: lerping owner position to target position using tick.

Last time when using 2.0v everything worked smooth. Now Iā€™ve updated to check things out before Epic Jam and basically canā€™t use it :smiley:

edit: when doing the same task using c++ it is working without crashes.

The crash youā€™re describing is due to a Custom Task not getting properly re-instanced (so it leaves a nullptr which crashes DependencyList).

3.0 should have fixed that. In my local testing it would always properly replace the old task (you need to save any changed abilities, but it does replace it). If you have a sample project that shows the issue, you can upload it here: Dropbox

Hi,I copy the plugin into my project directory,it has some compile error
Private\AbilityEditor\SAbilityPropertyBinding.cpp(242): error C4800: Implicit conversion from ā€˜UAblAbility *ā€™ to bool. Possible information loss

That line doesnā€™t match to what I haveā€¦ In fact I donā€™t see any if (UAblAbility* ) checks in that area. Can you post the full line?

FGraphNodeCreator<UK2Node_CallFunction> Creator(FunctionGraph);
UK2Node_CallFunction
FuncNode = Creator.CreateNode();
FuncNode->FunctionReference.SetFromField<UFunction>(Func, Ability);//error
Creator.Finalize();

if I change it to
FuncNode->FunctionReference.SetFromField<UFunction>(Func, (UClass*)Ability);
it can be compiled.

What system are you compiling on? Interesting that I havenā€™t hit that (or Epic for that matter).

It should likely be

FuncNode->FunctionReference.SetFromField<UFunction>(Func, Ability->GetClass());

EDIT: I need to do a small edit to the update and resubmit tonight, so Iā€™ll toss in this compile fix as well (which, again, Epic didnā€™t run intoā€¦).

yes,it works

Great and fast work sir!!!

When this fix update will be available for us?
You can update the change log on https://extralifestudios.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ABLE/pages/2195469/Overview?

att,

Iā€™m going to re-arrange a lot of the documentation. But yea, Iā€™ll change that up to be the most recent version / notes.

When the new v3.0.3 will be available for us?

Thanks for answer. I have hopefully last question:
Why tasks doesnā€™t have time ratio variable? Canā€™t track actual progress of a task in a task or outsideā€¦

I canā€™t even get TaskScratchPad from outside to get my custom time ratio progress.

Itā€™s submitted so hopefully sometime later today.

Tasks arenā€™t normally tracked in that way. You can get the Ability time ratio. If you want the Task time ratio, youā€™d have to just calculate it out yourself:

// Assuming this is in the Task somewhere.
float TaskTimeRatio = (Context.GetCurrentTime() - GetStartTime()) / (GetEndTime() - GetStartTime());

What are you trying to accomplish? There may be a better way to go about things.

Everything seems to be working for me properly now (ever since your update). Thank you very much!

Interesting. I was unable to test against your project because it required plugins I donā€™t have. But glad it seems to be working. :slight_smile: If you find another issue, please donā€™t hesitate to report it.

Hey i sent yā€™all an email on your feedback address.

I Canā€™t seem to get the plugin to display any animation at all, even in a base third person or first person project. Iā€™ve redownoaded the plugin already, I feel like Iā€™m missing a third party file or something.

when I add the animation task or any task it displays as a thick pink bar with time details on the side.

I sent a video to you on the email.

anyone else having this issue?

Iā€™m with some bugs yet:

1 - My character always face wrong directionsā€¦If I turn him in editor like tutorialā€¦the animations donā€™t work;
1.1 - The buttons on toolbar in the graph editor of ability editor donā€™t workā€¦Play, Resume, Pause, FrameSkipā€¦etc;

I wanna to try some colisions so ā€¦What the best way to get my target actors and print thay on my screen with print string? How to do this???