What is Able?
Able is a high performance, multi-threaded, data driven Ability system with network support, written from the ground up in C++ for Unreal Engine 4 and is available starting on March 23rd, 2017.
• Written entirely in C++.
• Multicore/Async support for Ability execution, cooldown updates, and various Task specific activities (such as calculating actor specific damage). Async support is automatically disabled on hardware with less than 2 cores.
• Network supported using a secure client-server model with minimal data sent across the wire.
• Abilities are purely functional and shared with only small scratchpad structures used for any state specific logic, keeping memory usage lean and efficient.
• 18 various Tasks to build your Ability with (Play Animation, Play Sound, Collision Query, Spawn Actor, Apply Damage, etc).
• 16 Events/Methods overrides available to Blueprints to allow further logic customization.
• Full AI Support (adds new AI Tasks and Decorators).
• Full Animation State Machine support (adds new Animation State Node).
• Custom Blueprint Editor - Ability Editor.
• Ability Validator testing framework.
• Intended for all Platforms (Tested PC and PS4).
• Built-in support for the UE4 Profiler.
• Extendable API for both the core system and editor.
• Fully documented code, tutorials, and system documentation.
• Available for UE 4.14 and 4.15
Further Documentation is available here.
You can find it on the Marketplace here.
This thread is primarily for helping users with any questions, concerns, or issues they may come across. All feedback is welcomed.