Thanks Yea, it’s stupid easy and pretty powerful.
BTW, I didn’t forget about your request do to a charged Ability video. I just need to find the right assets since that’s something you normally have custom animations for. I might do a simple top down shooter example and combine that with something like the data driven systems. Still thinking on it.
Version 1.2 Notes (submitted to Epic, should be released later in the week).
- Ability cooldown can be data driven at runtime by overriding the GetCooldown method (which by default just returns the hardcoded BaseCooldown value). The v1.0-1.1 GetCooldown method is now called GetBaseCooldown.
- Tasks now have a Verbose option which will print info to the log (and optionally to the screen). This option (and logic) is automatically stripped for Shipping builds.
- Various settings have been added to allow adjusting the behavior of the Verbose output (you can find them in your Able Plugin settings).
- There is now a “Custom” Targeting option which will call into the Ability’s FindTargets(…) Blueprint method which you can use to populate Targets using your own logic (or copy results from your own targeting system into Able).
- Removed a debug warning statement in the Play Montage call.
- Fixed an issue with dependencies and non-looping tasks not getting executed properly.
- More non-unity build fixes due to missing headers.