4.7 Release! and Game Jam Results - Feb 26, 2015 @ 2PM

WHAT
4.7 drops week, and we’re bringing fan favorites Technical Director Mike Fricker and General Manager Ray Davis on to discuss all the cool new stuff rolling out to the world! I heard a certain Dana Cowley mention something about 127pgs of release notes. Also, the game jam results are in! Kick it with us Thursday.

WHEN
Thursday, Feb. 26th @ 2PM ET - Countdown]

WHERE
www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
Ivey - Community Manager - @anonymous_user_c5ad40d01](http://twitter.com/iveytron)
Mike Fricker - Technical Director - @mike_fricker](https://twitter.com/mike_fricker)
Ray Davis - General Manager - @EpicRayD](https://twitter.com/epicrayd)

Questions for the lot of us? Let’s hear em.

Edit: The YouTube video is now available **here.

**<strong>4.7 Release & Feb #ue4jam Winners 2015 | Feature Highlight | Unreal Engine - YouTube

Poor Dana…

Yes we need those 127 pages scrolling in the side during the whole twitch stream! :stuck_out_tongue:

4.7 Release Notes are LIVE!!!

[Question] Could we have a comment about your thoughts or perhaps current plan regarding topic in the link?

Happy Days i can’t wait!

Awesome to see one released! The more curated the released get the better! Kudos to all of you guys!

Slight is going to get canceled due to snow… :frowning:

Raleigh.PNG&stc=1

Do it outside like weather reporters? They seem to have an urge to interview people outside when it’s almost deadly outside :stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes I wish forum had a +1 / like / <3 / :slight_smile: functions.

:slight_smile:

Stream is on for today, folks!

yay thank Wilson :slight_smile:

+1 Thanks !

Ah… Wilson moves in mysterious ways. Looking forward to the stream.

Snowpocalypse 3.0 averted! How many more vehicles does Wilson have left to burn? Hopefully he’s run out of them now… :smiley:

is my way to celebrate Release:D
all template are 4.7 Compatible

as the stream will be on for Today, here are questions for Mike:

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT (DLC):
Is the target solution we should use to update a game?
Let’s say you are finding bugs in your game, you need to fix the library and some content, is the future way to update it?
Or should we still work out another tool to manage the updates?

I mean looking at the Launcher, it seems that I always download the “full” launcher and not doing incremental updates. Is there something planned for ?
Any plan for some best practices writing around topic so we know how we should cook, package and make an updater?

DEMOREC
I saw there have been some improvment on in 4.7.
In fact, when I rebuild my build my game my demorec rec file used to be corrupted due to changes in some GUID classes like PlayerState (for reference). Can we have some best practices on how to not break the demo file?
is clearly a useful that I like to use a lot to review testing session, character workflow … but the 4.6 wasn’t enough robust to be able to work like .

[HR][/HR]Ben honest, we all know who really saved the stream today :wink:

Will you update content examples and other projects to try it the new 4.7 features? Also where did the coming soon section in marketplace in the new launcher go?

Maybe we will have the youtube movie today ?