4.17 Steam audio Occlusion doesn't work in standalone or packaged exe.

I have a simple scene with occlusion working. If I play in editor and I go behind walls or half behind walls sound is correctly occluded. However, if i play in standalone or create a package of my project the occlusion stops working. I then hear the sounds through walls.

Step to reproduce:
Start from a template of choice, setup steam audio so you have sounds being occluded by walls, play in standalone or from the exe of your packaged project.

Observed problem:
Going behind walls/occluders doesn’t occlude sounds.

Expected behavior:
Sounds should be occluded by walls/occluders.

I can create a example project and wetransfer it if you’d like.

Hey Guillaume,

Can you try running the executable with the -audiomixer flag?

Also, see this thread for how to configure your executable to use the new engine via config files. New Audio Engine: Quick-Start Guide - Audio - Epic Developer Community Forums

Well, turns out I didn’t do the shortcut with the -audiomixer for the executable.^^’ Thanks a lot for your answer! =D

I have my editor running with the flag, I’ve changed the engine config to AudioMixerXAudio2, I’ve tried running the packaged game with and without a shortcut with the flag to no avail.

PIE works fine, but Standalone and Packaged versions of the game do not use the occlusion.

Presumably, the answer refers to the packaged game .exe, but that didn’t work for me.

Hey guys. Having the same problem. Have done all of the above too. It does just seem to be Occlusion though Ican’t be certain, definitely getting some specialization.

Running version 4.18. About to ship onto Steam so would love some advice of what I might have missed. Runs great in PIE

I have a similar problem here. Which executable are talking about? Literally the exe file in the packaged folder? I tried adding -audiomixer tag to that but it just broke the file…

Also I am opening my project through an unreal shortgun and it has the -audiomixer tag so I don’t really understand where else am I supposed to put it.

Click on the drop down menu and select:

Then add the -audiomixer to the ADDITIONAL LAUNCH PARAMETER
Like This. It should work when you launch Stand Alone.

Hope this helps.