[4.8] Rogue SceneComponents in Some Actors

As posted here: Unreal Engine 4.8 Preview - Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums

[2015.05.06-20.28.22:098][530]LogActor:Warning: GameSession /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_0_HoverPhysics_OneTank.HoverPhysics_OneTank:PersistentLevel.GameSession_0 has natively added scene component(s), but none of them were set as the actor's RootComponent - picking one arbitrarily
[2015.05.06-20.28.22:100][530]LogActor:Warning: GameNetworkManager /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_0_HoverPhysics_OneTank.HoverPhysics_OneTank:PersistentLevel.GameNetworkManager_0 has natively added scene component(s), but none of them were set as the actor's RootComponent - picking one arbitrarily
[2015.05.06-20.28.22:420][530]LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.367429
[2015.05.06-20.28.22:440][530]LogActor:Warning: Natively added component (BZGame_PlayerController_0.TransformComponent0) was left unattached from the actor's root.

Been seeing this in the Log as of 4.8. Looks like some actors have SceneComponents when they don’t actually need them, and they’re just arbitrary components.

Hey -

Which actors are you creating that have the unnecessary components? From what you’ve posted it appears to be a GameSession asset and GameNetworkManager asset, correct? How are you creating these actors?

Cheers

Hi ,

I haven’t explicitly created those, I think they’re created by default during a PIE/play session.

The Player Controller is probably an issue on my end, but the other two I haven’t modified at all.

Hey -

I was able to see the log warnings you mentioned when running PIE. These phantom components have been bugged as UE-15275. Best of luck on your projects.

Cheers

Nice, Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m getting this as well. Will this cause code generated actors that are created and visible in the World Outliner to not render when running via PIE? I’m having an issue where all of my actors are not being rendered as they should be. Do I need to create a separate bug report?

Hey -

This is simply stating that the components exist on some actors and wouldn’t have an affect on others. If you’re having an issue where certain actors aren’t rendering I would first check that they are not set to “Hidden” in their defaults panel and then enter a separate post to report your issue.

Hold on, so what’s the solution to this error? I get it too and I haven’t configured those assets either.

Hey sinspaw-

The log warning won’t cause any harm to the game. They are simply stating that the named assets have components that are unnecessary. I understand how seeing the warnings could be confusing however for the time being they can safely be ignored.