2021 Epic MegaJam Registration is Now Open!

Does the game have to be 3d or can it be 2d

It can be 2D :slight_smile:

You can, but all premade; not originally sourced assets are required to be noted in submission.

(post deleted by author)

Hello everyone, I´m starting and I see that Houdini help for the Jam is no longer available, right? https://forms.gle/xn3koigyXAiM9rDi8

Hi, slightly urgent topic here, so we have a team member onboard who havent been contributing to the project throughout the week and who is not sure whether he will be contributing at all (lack of energy he says).

Can we replace a team member mid project?

He was participating in the discussion when we were originally spawning game ideas as well as that he’ve made some concept art for characters that he was supposed to make - however we havent used any of that concept art & non of the ideas he gave when deciding what game mechanics to use ended up in our final plan/GDD.

I would highly appreciate a response soon as we will need some time to find a member to replace him as well.

Thanks for reading :gift_heart:

Hey. The rules in regards to this are that participants cannot provide work for more than one team. And that you are not allowed to work with more than one submitting team.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks Skye.

Can I take this as that it would be fine then as long as the member leaving is aware he cannot join another team afterwards?

I want to add that if the member decides to leave our team, we will not be listing him in our submission & again no content created by him will be used (as he havent been making any content at all)

It does sound like this person hasn’t contributed to anything, even in a conceptual sense? Providing that this is the case, then I see no issue in replacing the team member. Please make sure they are aware they will not be able to contribute to another team’s submission.

Thank you, yeah that is correct. He participated in the discussion of what we were gonna do, however what we ended up making was not based on his ideas.

Thanks Skye

Hi there!
It’s my team’s first Unreal Engine MegaJam and we’re super duper excited to be in it.

I just have a ton of questions so I hope this is alright :smile:

1)How do we do asset credit or sourcing? Where do we put it in our submission?

2)To participate in the 3DKitBash modifier prize, do we have to include an entire asset, or can it just be an item, a wall, or a material? What is the minimum item to include?

1. How do we add Houdini? And how do we cite / list it?

2. Can we use Quixel bridge assets?
    Or Megascans? How do we site these (Quixel bridge assets and/or Megascans?)

3. For Reallusion and WeLoveIndies, how may we site these too? :slight_smile:

Thank you again so much SkyeEden and all the staff for this opportunity to learn Unreal Engine!

Hello, do i have to submit my game for free on itch io? Can I give a small price so it doesn’t spread widely to the public?

Hey. Entrants will not be paid for their submissions. All entries must be submitted without a price attached.

Hey!

Welcome to the Epic MegaJam!

1. Upon submission of your team’s entry, you will be presented with a variety of submission fields that are required to be filled in, as well as some that are optional, depending on what is being submitted. There is specifically a field that you can list assets used.

2. This modifier aims to harness one of the assets monumentally within the game. 2) To participate in The KitBasher modifier, you will need to use an entire singular asset. This wouldn’t really be possible by using a single wall or a material from the selection.

3. Houdini has a submission field under the “Procedural Magicians” modifier submission field. This will ask, “How did you use Houdini?”.

4. Entrants are allowed to use Megascans from Quixel. These should be cited as the mesh/materials that are used.

5. As with the other assets that need listing, for Reallusion and WeLoveIndies, this will be the same. Just be sure to include the name of the asset and where it originally came from.

I hope this has been of help and good luck to you and your team!

1 Like

Can you help me with my question please? Have a great day.

Hello,
I have a doubt

You will need the following information at the time of submission:

• Team Name
  • Each Team Member’s Name and Email Address associated with your Epic Games account
  • Game Name
  • Name of your submission
    • Please format the name of your .zip file with your team’s name attached, ex. TeamName_GameName
  • List any content that was created before the jam that was included in the final submission.
  • Submissions must include a link to gameplay footage (between 30-60 seconds) demonstrating recorded gameplay.
    • The footage will be included in our highlight reel on the 2020 Epic MegaJam results livestream.

>> You need to upload your game to your Itch.io account page before you can submit it to the 2021 Epic MegaJam page.<<

What is meant by submit it to the the Epic Megajam page ? I mean, i understand i have to add this details to the itch.io page, but where else ?

The requests were closed shortly after the kickoff event & theme announcement.

To be able to submit a game to the 2021 Epic MegaJam it must first be uploaded and exist on Itch.io before you are able to submit it via the event page itself.

Thank you.

1 Like

We could not figure out the Itch.io upload process. We have a time stamped game ready though! Any help on that front?

Thanks