2017 Marketplace Improvements

[=hamsterPL;693486]
It’s time for my feedback about moving away contact e mail from item page - I’m against it. People don’t know that there is a contact e mail in profile page, and also as far I know, you have to be logged in to see seller e mail :confused: Since this change, I don’t recieve any e mail on my support addres, but only through you tube comments, which is not very convinient :confused:
[/]

Interestingly, I haven’t seen a reduction in emails from customers since this change, though I do agree that obfuscating this information in any manner is a bad idea. There are a number of changes in the works that should alleviate this, such as notifications of comments on product pages and such, but until they are there the support information should really be up front and center.

Someone else mentioned it as well, but, a changelog from the content creators would be extremely helpful. When someone updates an asset pack, I feel like if I don’t update it, I am missing a newly added mesh (but, probably not), but we can’t tell until we compare 2 versions, which is highly unreasonable for the customer to have to do the research or ask what changed and wait for an answer to use or not use said updates.

Thank you Epic folks.

[=Rallii;693609]
Someone else mentioned it as well, but, a changelog from the content creators would be extremely helpful. When someone updates an asset pack, I feel like if I don’t update it, I am missing a newly added mesh (but, probably not), but we can’t tell until we compare 2 versions, which is highly unreasonable for the customer to have to do the research or ask what changed and wait for an answer to use or not use said updates.

Thank you Epic folks.
[/]

Every content creator I’ve spoken to is for this. Unfortunately the systems aren’t in place for such a feature, so many have resorted to alternative methods until that changes.

That’s exciting :slight_smile: I should correct myself and say, I do see some changelogs, some are in the forums and some are in the marketplace item description.

Thank you for the update, and I shall patiently wait!

PLEASE, sort the comments by rating. I’m having to answer even crazy comments because they are on top :frowning: Ç.Ç

Recently updated category?

Why aren’t there more categories?
Searching for models is a pain in the butt.
Why aren’t there subcategories?
Environments could have a lot of them like : Nature, Urban, Industrial, Historical, Fantasy, Sci Fi
Characters should have several like photo-real, stylized , lowpoly
Some of these sub-categories should be everywhere.
What about vehicles?

I think the whole organization could be 10 times better and its mind-boggeling that in 2017 it still looks rudimentary like this.

Hey, [MENTION=49] [/MENTION] !
Any news on upcoming improvements?

When will the marketplace get tags? It is needlessly difficult to find content in the marketplace.
Why are all plugins shoved into one ‘plugins’ category? 3D models aren’t split into ‘static meshes’ and ‘skeletal meshes,’ they are split into ‘props’ and ‘characters.’
A tag system would help with this. An asset could be tagged ‘character’ and ‘plugin’ at the same time if its a plugin dealing with characters. Filtering by tags would be extremely more useful than these rigid and somewhat arbitrary categories.
When will you start releasing more content per week? You could release more on each Wednesday or start releasing biweekly, but this trickle of content is terrible.

Still waiting for that wishlist feature, something that every online store has had since 2005…

Add me to the people hoping for a wishlist feature, so I don’t forget to buy all the things!
Thanks!

[= ;662059]

[/]

Hi , please add the option to add outdated market packs to a project, for instance Bumping Pub hasn’t been updated since 4.14, but likely will work with 4.16 too, yet i cannot add it currently… and no longer have 4.14 installed. Luckily the folder is still inside my vault cache, but if not this would be a real let down :slight_smile:

[=;738523]
Hi , please add the option to add outdated market packs to a project, for instance Bumping Pub hasn’t been updated since 4.14, but likely will work with 4.16 too, yet i cannot add it currently… and no longer have 4.14 installed. Luckily the folder is still inside my vault cache, but if not this would be a real let down :slight_smile:
[/]

You can already add to whatever project you want. I don’t really understand what you are asking for.

[=;738535]
You can already add to whatever project you want. I don’t really understand what you are asking for.
[/]

See attached screenshot

Yes, you just select a valid version of the files and then click ‘Add to Project.’

I’m not sure if it’s just broken for me, but I would really really appreciate an email notification when someone asks a question in the marketplace comments.

[=;739324]
I’m not sure if it’s just broken for me, but I would really really appreciate an email notification when someone asks a question in the marketplace comments.
[/]

Unfortunately this has never worked.

[=ambershee;739349]
Unfortunately this has never worked.
[/]

That’s a bummer, it would be really good to have. Otherwise we have to keep checking the product pages to have a good response time. Good to know it’s not just me though!

Please let us setup tags for our packages so they’ll show up in the search results when package name doesn’t outline the content i.e “Wasteland” package which might contain only rocks, wouldn’t show up when someone searches the word “Rock”.

I think a wishlist feature would make EPIC an EPIC amount of cash. I live on a budget. I have $100/mo to spend. If I could drool over those long wanted items quicker (ie find them without having to search pages of items), I would spend quicker. I don’t think I am alone. I know multiple people have suggested it. I’m just adding to the list!