2017 Marketplace Improvements

My wish as a seller is please speed up the review process a little bit.
It took 45 days for my first plugin to publish on marketplace. And it’s now 41 days, my second plugin still in code review stage.

I think some of the buyer interested in email notification at new assets from specific seller (Sure it can be turn on or off)

I would really like to filter to see only the free assets, or sort by price in ascending order.

Filter is a must for marketplace. Also I would like to see any asset updates version tracking similar to Unity store as right now I can’t see if there has been any updates to the asset or not, only the compatible unreal engine verison which is not enough.

It’s great to see that work is going on to improve the marketplace! Are there any more specific news yet?

My top request wold be a filter system (including price, popularity, etc…). The ratings system is nice, but it would be nice to sort based on the popularity as defined by the number of purchases.

Add the opportunity to earn more than 70% of royalties, selling exclusively on Marketplace.

[=mduran9;677916]
My top request wold be a filter system (including price, popularity, etc…). The ratings system is nice, but it would be nice to sort based on the popularity as defined by the number of purchases.
[/]

Agree with this!

[=Artur Dark;678028]
Add the opportunity to earn more than 70% of royalties, selling exclusively on Marketplace.
[/]

While that would be nice, I doubt it would happen. 70/30 is the usual split with marketplaces like this. That being said, Epic usually does blaze the way for innovation so who knows? But I wouldn’t want them to take too little of a percentage that this becomes an even lower priority for them.

Thanks for the updates! There are a couple of things to the marketplace, or rather, the launcher, that I would like to see added. Now that we have a shopping list, will a “wish list” be coming as well? :slight_smile: Also, now that my library is grown significantly, I am starting to see something that should be pretty obvious. Organization. Would it be possible to organize the library the same way as it is organized in the marketplace, with categorical sections?

Would be very helpful to have a list of selected assets for future purchases in “Save for Later”.

• Any form of wishlist functionality would be welcome, this has been requested for years.
  • More informative review/rating system.
  • Item changelog (or at least some info on product update history)
  • Sort by price option
  • More ways for the creators to show they are giving support to the assets; like all items should have a version number and the store could have a “recently updated” section. This way would actually make sense to enhance the items instead of just releasing new ones.
  • The store should have a** top reviewed**, of each category, for the week, **month **, **year **and all time.
  • The reviews should be based on the version (items right now keep the bad scores of old problems). And every score should inform the version based. Like on steam. So if the item have a bad score the creator can actually fix it.
  • 3 days after buying, epic should email the person asking for a review.
  • People don’t have the same standards for rating, so a** recommend/nope rating is probably more efficient** than a 5 stars rating.
  • The store should have a most popular and most sold of each category. (week, month, year, all time)
  • a lot of people only buys on sales, so a **wishlist **would make sales way more efficient (with email warning about the new price)

Yes, “recently updated”, I don’t know why we don’t have this…

[= ;692984]
Yes, “recently updated”, I don’t know why we don’t have this…
[/]

I believe one of the concerns for this is the potential for abuse given the exposure of such a section. Sort of how like some sellers had their content perpetually on sale to get into the sales tab.

[=SE_JonF;693064]
I believe one of the concerns for this is the potential for abuse given the exposure of such a section. Sort of how like some sellers had their content perpetually on sale to get into the sales tab.
[/]

Then how about a “Popular Items recently updated”? =)

[=gustavorios2;693092]
Then how about a “Popular Items recently updated”? =)
[/]

I think overall recently updated is fine, but there probably has to be something put in place to combat potential abuse is all. =P

[=gustavorios2;692976]

3 days after buying, epic should email the person asking for a review.

[/]

No, please no. We don’t need more spam begging for recommendation.
If I’m satisfied with plugin I always rate it and recommend to people on Twitter/forums :slight_smile:

[=gustavorios2;692976]

People don’t have the same standards for rating, so a** recommend/nope rating is probably more efficient** than a 5 stars rating.

[/]

And that’s why we should stick to numerical rating. If somebody just selects “Recommend” I don’t know if asset “just works, that’s it” or “it’s awesome plugin/asset, everybody buy it”.
The same goes for “nope” rating. I don’t know if “asset is **** - plugin doesn’t work” or “it doesn’t satisfy my specific needs, although it basically works”.

The rest of your proposals sounds nice :slight_smile:

[=kjustynski;693233]
No, please no. We don’t need more spam begging for recommendation.
If I’m satisfied with plugin I always rate it and recommend to people on Twitter/forums :slight_smile:

And that’s why we should stick to numerical rating. If somebody just selects “Recommend” I don’t know if asset “just works, that’s it” or “it’s awesome plugin/asset, everybody buy it”.
The same goes for “nope” rating. I don’t know if “asset is **** - plugin doesn’t work” or “it doesn’t satisfy my specific needs, although it basically works”.

The rest of your proposals sounds nice :slight_smile:
[/]

I don’t think spam is a problem since 2011 :wink:
What I meant for “people don’t have the same standards” is; a “good” for me can be a 3 stars while you see a 3 stars on the store and think it’s a terrible rating. In the end, it’s a buyable asset or not. You can’t see what works and what don’t on the rating. you have to read the comments for that.
Not to mention, if there’s just a ‘like/not’ button the number of votes would rise exponentially.

It’s time for my feedback about moving away contact e mail from item page - I’m against it. People don’t know that there is a contact e mail in profile page, and also as far I know, you have to be logged in to see seller e mail :confused: Since this change, I don’t recieve any e mail on my support addres, but only through you tube comments, which is not very convinient :confused: