We are working on a new test and I’m having a lot of issues with the Rift when playing my levels in Unreal 4.5. For this test, I have a very simple level:
Here is the data of my frame rates when playing the scene:
- New Editor Window: 58 fps
- Standalone Game: 105 fps
- Standalone Game with Rift enabled (typing command - “stereo on”): 37.5 fps
- Standalone Game with Rift enabled (Alt+Enter): 18 fps
- Windows 8.1 64 bit
- Intel Core i7 4700MQ @ 2.4 GHz
- 32 GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 4600
- NVidia GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB - 344.65 Driver
- Oculus Runtime 0.4.3
- VSync is off (turning it on and off create same results)
I am at a loss as to why the Rift is performing so poorly. Looking at my data and stats, does anyone have an idea what might be causing the extreme slowdown? It seems unlikely that Unreal Engine would perform so badly in the Rift with this little to process. I appreciate any help. Thank you!
Villusion Studios, LLC.