User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 Panoramic Export Pipeline

Hero of the Peole

360 Panoramic Export Pipeline

The current implementation will eat your RAM and your dog.

I built a small "Export Object" plugin that can be used for exporting anything with a blueprint node.

I used it to render HDRs from scene capture cube actors on a matinee track to create 360 panoramic videos.

Also try watching the below demos on your smartphone using the YouTube app. You'll be like "woah this **** is neat"

360 Panoramic Demos:
    Use Chrome to be able to move around within the videos using your mouse or WASD

Original video: http://michaelallar.com/RTC_LeftEye.mp4
    Environment is: https://www.unrealengine.com/content...2f47a6c91df9a6

Environment is open world Kite demo assets

"Stereoscopic":

A "Stereoscopic" Gear VR version of the first demo is available here:
    http://michaelallar.com/NYCStereoscopic2k.mp4

Want to do this yourself?

Check out the plugin and guide on my github.

This is not a clean and user friendly way to do this, but it does work. It will eat your RAM. I won't be offering any form of official support for this.
    Last edited by Allar; 06-02-2015 at 05:54 AM.

Awesome! I've been looking for something like this to export to YouTube360. I've only ever seen one person do this in UE4 before but they had no contact info and didn't post any doc.

Going to check out your plug-in now.

Great work and looks great, but the render times scare me

Got it working. First time I've ever successfully compiled the source code. Kudos for the instructions. Will be bringing my Dubstep Dinosaurs to YouTube360 soon. Thanks Michael!

woah this **** is neat

-Peter

I haven't tried to get this working yet, but I wanted to come in here to thank you for putting this out there. I've been waiting for something like this for awhile!

Great, thank you so much! This is really useful !

Hi there, great work!
    Is it support engine that built from source code only?
    Did it work on blueprint only project file?
    Thanks you.

Hi Allar!
    Just tried your plugin. Works, ate RAM couple times, cat's fine though. Does it works with the post effects for you? Or anyone? Can't get them to show :/
    Cheers,
    MELT

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyseah View Post
    Hi there, great work!
    Is it support engine that built from source code only?
    Did it work on blueprint only project file?
    Thanks you.
    Yes and yes

Great job!

Gotta try this out at some point
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [Marketplace] RPG Starter Kit - Showcase Viewer - Animated Crossbow
    [New On Marketplace] Multiplayer Melee Combat System
    [Coming Soon] Modular Medieval Knight

Works fine, but it's crashing after the same number of frames with an out of memory error (my video memory is full all the time, but my RAM is fine). Apparently the captured frames stay stored in memory until the whole thing breaks. Did you, by any chance, see this error?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Paulop; 06-15-2015 at 05:56 PM.

[QUOTE=Allar;301905]The current implementation will eat your RAM and your dog.

Love the plugin. Think I solved your RAM issues with some garbage collection blueprint additions. Added in a check that collects garbage after a user defined number of frames. Seems to keep the program running steadily, but might have some undesired effects if your scripts aren't handling garbage collection correctly. I'll make sure everything is stable and add it to your github in the next day or two. As for the dog, we'll have to keep looking for a solution.

Hero of the Peole

Ah, I haven't messed with those garbage collection nodes yet. Those are most likely the best solution here. Thanks!

This is really cool. Is there a way to play the movie inside a UE4 game? A stereoscopic 360 degree video player for ue4?

Hello. I love your plugin. Works great but i have a problem. I tried to make simple 5 sec video just for test. But it only giving me couple frames, like 11. What am i doing wrong? btw im on 4.8

Gandosh,

Are you running the plugin with the editor in benchmark mode? If you try to just run the plugin normally, UE4 will skip frames, but if you use benchmark mode it locks in the framerate you set.

Infiltrator
    Hi all

I m absolutely not a developper, but I need really this plug.

I tried to follow the explication video, but.....

First, I download Code soruce of UE4, and I unzip all in a folder. I tried to click on GenerateProjectFile, without success : I ve an error message.
    I tried to copy/past this content in different folder ( in my project folder, in UE4 Engine folder....) same result

After fews test I found a solution for rebuilt with other way ( generated Visual Studio File, and rebuild project in VS )

I can open my project, with the camera stereo, Left Eyes texture, Right eye etc... like a tutorial video.

But i don't understand how to launch BenchmarkStereo for to generate the panoramic render....

Somebody can explain at a noob ? :/

thanks all !

[QUOTE=Ryan Winter;313519]
    Quote Originally Posted by Allar View Post
    The current implementation will eat your RAM and your dog.

Love the plugin. Think I solved your RAM issues with some garbage collection blueprint additions. Added in a check that collects garbage after a user defined number of frames. Seems to keep the program running steadily, but might have some undesired effects if your scripts aren't handling garbage collection correctly. I'll make sure everything is stable and add it to your github in the next day or two. As for the dog, we'll have to keep looking for a solution.
    Ryan did you ever add you garbage collection setup to the github, can you share what you did here in an image?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Winter View Post
    Gandosh,

Are you running the plugin with the editor in benchmark mode? If you try to just run the plugin normally, UE4 will skip frames, but if you use benchmark mode it locks in the framerate you set.
    Ryan I am running in Bench mark mode but I have a video texture in the scene and the frame rate on the video texture gets messed up can you by any chance look at a quick test using videos in your scene and retaining their frame rate? I would really appreciate your support.

Allar, how did you turn your video into a "Stereoscopic": video for the Gear VR did you do that in after effects and can you help me with the steps you took please?

A "Stereoscopic" Gear VR version of the first demo is available here:
    http://michaelallar.com/NYCStereoscopic2k.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by Alec- View Post
    Hi all

I m absolutely not a developper, but I need really this plug.

I tried to follow the explication video, but.....

First, I download Code soruce of UE4, and I unzip all in a folder. I tried to click on GenerateProjectFile, without success : I ve an error message.
    I tried to copy/past this content in different folder ( in my project folder, in UE4 Engine folder....) same result

After fews test I found a solution for rebuilt with other way ( generated Visual Studio File, and rebuild project in VS )

I can open my project, with the camera stereo, Left Eyes texture, Right eye etc... like a tutorial video.

But i don't understand how to launch BenchmarkStereo for to generate the panoramic render....

Somebody can explain at a noob ? :/

thanks all !
    what version of UE4 are you using? if you are using 4.8 or higher it is already set up to run bench mark you just go to your project settings and adjust the fix frame rate from there. and all you have to do if you set everything up correctly is run the game.

Gandosh,

oh ok thank you.

Hi Allar, thanks a lot for your plugin!
    I already have on my project a Matinee that drives a TargetPoint that links the player to an animation (a ride to be exact) so, as i hav seen in your city example video it seems you have an animated camera too.
    Could you explain a little bit more how did you setup that scene?
    Thanks in advance.
    F.

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by polemos View Post
    what version of UE4 are you using? if you are using 4.8 or higher it is already set up to run bench mark you just go to your project settings and adjust the fix frame rate from there. and all you have to do if you set everything up correctly is run the game.
    Hello,polemos,
    How to adjust the fix frame rate?

Samaritan
    Gandosh,

Hello,
    How to change to benchmark mode?

Hi guys,

we are gettings our hdr files with different gamma and without bloom in our materials, same goes for anialiasing. Looks like is not showing the final result we get in our usual play mode. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    F.

Hero of the Peole

Quote Originally Posted by malcriado View Post
    Hi guys,

we are gettings our hdr files with different gamma and without bloom in our materials, same goes for anialiasing. Looks like is not showing the final result we get in our usual play mode. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    F.
    Open in photoshop, not whatever tool you are using. Its silly, I know.

You could also force a gamma on the render target texture itself.

How are you handling stereo? Do you have controls for IPD? Do you do all adjustments of the zPlane (convergence plane) in post? Did you code capture cubes to export higher than 2k? How many capture cubes are you using, and how are you blending them?

This is awesome! You can upload these 360 videos to Littlstar.com without using any metadata tool. You can also upload 360 photos to Littlstar if you don't want to export entire videos.

http://littlstar.com/photos/c8cc7be1
    http://littlstar.com/videos/d3cb2ef9

Great script thank you!
    Can I rotate the camera so when the video start it look at a precise direction? It does not work when I just turn the camera or the capture componentcube.
    Tks again!

EDIT : I solved the problem by using a translation in AE.
    Last edited by zahir3d; 08-20-2015 at 06:14 AM.

Samaritan
    Hello,Everyone,
    I have exported images,but the Post Process Effects not working.Any ideas?

Supporter
    Hi there, same issue here, but it seems to be a limitation of the Scene Capture Cube. Even if you activate all the show flags, it doesn't seems to capture them.

Quote Originally Posted by EVRTOP View Post
    Hello,Everyone,
    I have exported images,but the Post Process Effects not working.Any ideas?
    glad you got it working EVRTOP, post process effects not working is strange am not sure why you are losing those.

can anyone help me with the the after effects workings? I am not sure how to do stereo renders from after effects when I capture the scene I get the left eye and the right eye how do I import both the left eye and the right eye and create a stereo video file that would work on the gear vr??

Samaritan
    Did you get the images

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by polemos View Post
    can anyone help me with the the after effects workings? I am not sure how to do stereo renders from after effects when I capture the scene I get the left eye and the right eye how do I import both the left eye and the right eye and create a stereo video file that would work on the gear vr??
    Did you have get the images?

Samaritan
    I have set the post process effects like this
    Name:  cc.png
Views: 20734
Size:  148.6 KB
    when play the game like this
    Name:  vv.jpg
Views: 20579
Size:  15.9 KB
    but when export images like this
    Name:  bb.png
Views: 21628
Size:  529.2 KB
    Why the Post Process Effects not working?Please help! Thanks in advance!

So, I downloaded your stereo test, and seeing that it was seamless led be to think it wasn't correct stereo. This is in fact the case. The front is correct, and looks lovely. However the sides have no stereo effect, and the back has inverted eyes (so near looks far and far looks near). This is to be expected if you are simply using 2 capture cubes without stitching more together. The stitching creates some seams, but the stereo can be mostly correct at all angles.

Basically, it seems like you have 2 capture cubes at a certain distance apart, which generates stereo for the front direction. But for the right direction (for example) the captureCube locations wont be eye-distance apart, but instead be nearer or farther from the view. when you look behind, the right eye will become the left eye, and invert your stereo.

Name:  panoStereoIPD.jpg
Views: 20815
Size:  43.9 KB

Perhaps this image helps explain better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast