360 Panoramic Export Pipeline

Allar, how did you turn your video into a “Stereoscopic”: video for the Gear VR did you do that in after effects and can you help me with the steps you took please?

A “Stereoscopic” Gear VR version of the first demo is available here:

what version of UE4 are you using? if you are using 4.8 or higher it is already set up to run bench mark you just go to your project settings and adjust the fix frame rate from there. and all you have to do if you set everything up correctly is run the game.

oh ok thank you.

Hi Allar, thanks a lot for your plugin!
I already have on my project a Matinee that drives a TargetPoint that links the player to an animation (a ride to be exact) so, as i hav seen in your city example video it seems you have an animated camera too.
Could you explain a little bit more how did you setup that scene?
Thanks in advance.
F.

Hello,polemos,
How to adjust the fix frame rate?

Hello,
How to change to benchmark mode?

Hi guys,

we are gettings our hdr files with different gamma and without bloom in our materials, same goes for anialiasing. Looks like is not showing the final result we get in our usual play mode. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
F.

Open in photoshop, not whatever tool you are using. Its silly, I know.

You could also force a gamma on the render target texture itself.

How are you handling stereo? Do you have controls for IPD? Do you do all adjustments of the zPlane (convergence plane) in post? Did you code capture cubes to export higher than 2k? How many capture cubes are you using, and how are you blending them?

This is awesome! You can upload these 360 videos to Littlstar.com without using any metadata tool. You can also upload 360 photos to Littlstar if you don’t want to export entire videos.

Great script thank you!
Can I rotate the camera so when the video start it look at a precise direction? It does not work when I just turn the camera or the capture componentcube.
Tks again!

EDIT : I solved the problem by using a translation in AE.

Hello,Everyone,
I have exported images,but the Post Process Effects not working.Any ideas?

Hi there, same issue here, but it seems to be a limitation of the Scene Capture Cube. Even if you activate all the show flags, it doesn’t seems to capture them.

glad you got it working EVRTOP, post process effects not working is strange am not sure why you are losing those.

can anyone help me with the the after effects workings? I am not sure how to do stereo renders from after effects when I capture the scene I get the left eye and the right eye how do I import both the left eye and the right eye and create a stereo video file that would work on the gear vr??

Did you get the images

Did you have get the images?

I have set the post process effects like this

when play the game like this

but when export images like this

Why the Post Process Effects not working?Please help! Thanks in advance!

So, I downloaded your stereo test, and seeing that it was seamless led be to think it wasn’t correct stereo. This is in fact the case. The front is correct, and looks lovely. However the sides have no stereo effect, and the back has inverted eyes (so near looks far and far looks near). This is to be expected if you are simply using 2 capture cubes without stitching more together. The stitching creates some seams, but the stereo can be mostly correct at all angles.

Basically, it seems like you have 2 capture cubes at a certain distance apart, which generates stereo for the front direction. But for the right direction (for example) the captureCube locations wont be eye-distance apart, but instead be nearer or farther from the view. when you look behind, the right eye will become the left eye, and invert your stereo.

9e87bcc94331199182d1c3c208e0db99f7d6f3c7.jpeg

Perhaps this image helps explain better.