User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Luos's Modular Rocks & Cave package

Talking Luos's Modular Rocks & Cave package

After about a year of on and off work (give or take 5 - 6 months if I dont count days off/rl stuff) I think I am at a point where this is ready to be released.

I bring you the one and only cave package you will ever need (I hope ):
    Luos's Modular Rocks & Cave package!

Estimated Price: $ 79,99

So what is in the package?
    *deep breath*

Main Content:
    - 485 meshes.

- 79 of these are modular cave meshes in 5 catagories (813 polygon average)
    - I-shaped corridors & rooms.
    - L-shaped corridors & rooms.
    - T-shaped corridors & rooms.
    - X-shaped corridors & rooms.
    - Additional sections.

- 406 of these are rock & prop meshes in 11 catagories. (2100 polygon average)
    - Rocks.
    - Columns.
    - Arches.
    - Stalagmites & Stalactites.
    - Floors.
    - Mesa's.
    - Spires.
    - Walls.
    - Crystals.
    - Mushrooms.
    - Additionals.

- All meshes come with:
    - Collision <> Updated! Improved Collision complexity between 20 - 90%!
    - Proper lightmaps
    - Modular meshes have sockets at each entrance. (easy when you want to use blueprints on them)
    - Modular meshes already set up for a future spline tool Jan Kashaar is working on, and helps if someone wants to create an auto cave-system generator.

Material details: (for caves/rocks only)

- Number of Master Materials: 1
    - heavily customizable.
    - can use any and all arbitrary tiled textures.
    - Automatically rescales Uv's to the world scale of the mesh.
    - Optional directional blend Moss/Ice layer.
    - Optional checkermap.
    - Well documented.

- Number of Material instances: 253+
    - Many, many options available.
    - Each option will explain what it does when hovering over it.
    - Very versatile, easy to enable and disable whole parts of it.
    - Set up for all 30 texture sets.

All Mat-instance options:

Texture details:
    - Texture resolution: 4096x4096.
    - 32 texture sets.
    - some additional props have lower resolution textures.

Additional Content:
    - 8 example levels. (realistic, fantasy, indoor, outdoor)
    - 1 simplified version of main Master Material.
    - 20 Master materials for additional props.
    - 16 additional Mat. Instances.
    - 24 water/drip sounds + cue's.
    - 4 Material functions.
    - 4 decals. (Moss, wetness, Glowworms)
    - 3 Particle effects.
    - 7 Blueprints.
    - 2 Bokeh's
    - 1 Dirtmask.
    - 4 tutorial videos on youtube.
    - 2 timelapse videos on youtube.
    - And some other little things.

Additional information about the Master Material:

- Whole master material is well documented so if you want to go in and check it out its easy to see what does what.

- All options in the Material Instance have descriptions.

- You can use any and all arbitrary tiled textures. (Seamless textures)
    This means that you only need up to two different textures for ALL the meshes. (Think of the Vram space you are saving!!!)
    This also means that if you make a seamless texture, purchase one from the marketplace or get one from any other location, it will work on these meshes!
    To give you an idea, look at the following image.
    The first shot is one of the example cave's that comes with this package as-is.
    The three shots after are using the "Naturally Tiling Texture Pack" which will available soon on the Marketplace.

- The textures automatically rescale with the world scale of the mesh, which allows for fast, easy and extremely versatile environment creation.
    This means that even the slightest change in scale will alter the look of the mesh as well!

- The material also contains an easy-to-use directional blend layer to create moss or ice effects.

Other information:

- Can be used for realistic and fantasy themed caves.

- Make massive cave systems in mere minutes: (Easily snap to grid)

- In theory can also be used for sidescrollers/top down.

- All of the contained 32 texture sets (each containing Albedo, Roughness, and Normal maps) textures are provided at 4096 resolution, some additional props have lower resolution textures.

- Also included are 7 showcase levels, with one created by beginner environment artist Will Chambers and one created by experienced designer Jan Kaluza (from http://www.broad-strokes.com ) to show the versatility and ease of use of this package.

- Various video tutorials explaining how to use the package, as well as information about the master material and such. These videos can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuqNhfvpWXRh89RuBRuhUYzETE0jq-OaF

- Two Timelapse videos showcasing the ease of use of this package:

- About the Tessellation, I did add a "test" version of the tessellation version of the master material so people who have the package can take a gander at it.
    It might never become a fully supported feature due to the way the meshes & shader are set up though, but I'll do my best and hope that there will be some answer-hub support on the questions I asked.

Want to see the caves in action?
    Go to this link and download the Flowstone Cave Experience!!
    This experience is VR supported! Be sure to pump up the volume as well to experience the amazing sounds Jan provided to enhance the experience!
    Special thanks to Jan Kashaar for his contributions! Give that man some hugs!

- Package has been tested on Windows, VR (oculus), PS4, XB1, Linux, IOS.

- Link to 77 more images from this package: http://imgur.com/a/4ykB0 (bandwidth eater, be warned)

- Link to 100 more images from this package using the "Natural Tiling Textures Pack" http://imgur.com/a/Hw0Gi (bigger bandwidth eater, be warned)

Additional free packages: (Free DLC!)

1. Luos's FREE Modular Caves/rocks mini package:

This package is now obsolete if you own this package, as its added into the main package!

25 new meshes & 2 new materials!
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?64883-Free-Luos-s-FREE-Modular-Caves-Rocks-mini-Package
    Gumroad link:
    https://gumroad.com/l/ZSYd
    Direct download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_chvO9FiyXpZkduQ3ExYUEtdkk/

Upcoming additions:
    - Lod support for all the meshes. (as soon as epic updates the LOD-Import workflow)
    - Master material set up for Quixel Mega-Scans. (this one will be sick)
    - .Max file with some base things so people can easily make more meshes for it. (And hopefully also pass along these meshes to me to add to the package if they want )

Special thanks:
    Jan Kaluza Kashaar - Support, Cave experience map, Sounds, encouragement, hugs, material improvements, VR cave experience!
    Will Cahmbers - Providing another cave example map! check out willchamberscg.com for his work
    Scott Baker - Support, encouragement.
    Bruno Brito - For editing the videos, support, encouragement.
    Chance - DUDE FINISH YOUR ROCKS!
    Aaron Leaton - custom Normal/Heightmap I then used to generate a few meshes with.
    The people in the skype chat for hearing me talk about this package for almost a year!

- My mother, My biggest supporter. May she rest in peace.
    Last edited by Luos; 04-13-2017 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Nopal is a bleep.

Promoter
    mother of god
    Self-Learning to program, Open to advice!

This looks quite nice! But FYI your second video is blocked in the USA for copyright (presumably audio).

Hero of the Peole

If you don't support this, you're a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by minderaser View Post
    This looks quite nice! But FYI your second video is blocked in the USA for copyright (presumably audio).
    Which I mentioned in the post, I am currently updating it with a song that wont be blocked

Thou Plaid master hast spoketh!

Thanks Allar! (and others)

Exactly what I was waiting for and getting ready to build myself, thanks!

Mythic

Sweet! Finally got it up on the marketplace, can't wait to vote / buy!

I know you like rocks... but in reality Luos, you're more of a CaveMan....

Looks great bud!
    [Free Community Project/Plugin] WIP Dynamic Ocean & Calendar Based Sky
    New Features:: Highly accurate sun/moon position, and lunar phase calculations built into the plugin (base class for the SkyDome blueprint)
    In Progress: Weather simulation w/ volumetric clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Allar View Post
    Fully agree, this is one of the most elaborate and detailed packages for UE4. Incredibly awesome work Yoeri! YOU ARE AWESOME. <3
    Loves yu <3
    Alessa Baker,
    Member of the Epic Streaming Team, Tech Artist & Founder of Clockwork Anarchy.
    Livestreamer of Arch Viz and Technical Art - Schedule

Shelling System - Measurement-based Blockout tool for Level Designers and Arch Viz Artists.

Luminary
    I want to buy this!

Awesome work Luos

Veteran
    These are going into the Indigenous island cave system for sure. Excited to see them on the marketplace!

One small request:

Could you include UVW maps (rendered as .png)? This would go a long ways to create custom maps.

And a couple of questions:

- Are these normal-mapped only, or are do they use a combination of normals, displacement+tessellate, and an LOD system?
    - Speaking of an LOD system, do the meshes have LOD's?
    - And speaking about LOD stuff, how do the materials look when viewing from very close up? Having several issues now with some assets that, well, need better textures for VR.

As you can probably guess, quality visuals with quality performance is a huge trait I'm looking for
    Last edited by SaviorNT; 03-14-2015 at 11:20 PM.

Yoeri, this is an Epic contribution to the Market Place. I hope it sells out!

You mentioned Fantasy caves, and these look perfect for dungeon runs! Anyone who is making a Fantasy MMORPG will definitely have use for these caves! I can't wait to see what people do with this! ;D

I need this in my life now!

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorNT View Post
    One small request:

Could you include UVW maps (rendered as .png)? This would go a long ways to create custom maps.

And a couple of questions:

- Are these normal-mapped only, or are do they use a combination of normals, displacement+tessellate, and an LOD system?
    - Speaking of an LOD system, do the meshes have LOD's?
    - And speaking about LOD stuff, how do the materials look when viewing from very close up? Having several issues now with some assets that, well, need better textures for VR.

As you can probably guess, quality visuals with quality performance is a huge trait I'm looking for
    1.Since the meshes use a rather different technique (4 UV maps, one being the lightmap, another being a setup for Normal tangents) that is a rather tedious thing to do.
    You can always export the mesh and render one out yourself. The advantage of this pack is that you dont need custom maps, just make a seamless texture and it will work.
    2. No, they use an intriguing setup of vertex paint, multiple uv channels. no unique maps needed.
    3. To quote my original post:
    Upcoming additions:
    - Lod support for all the meshes. (as soon as epic updates the LOD-Import workflow)
    4. You can check the package out in a special VR demo made by Jan Kaluza: http://www.broad-strokes.com/2015-02/flowstone-cave-and-other-news (which was also mentioned in the innitial post).

there are actually two detail roughness and one detail normal textures in the master material setup.
    You can also manually scale the textures to your liking.
    Hope that VR-Demo helps

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonS View Post
    Great work Yoeri!

I am Charleston Silverman and i approve this message.
    Charleston for president!
    PS: Would loooooove to see your materials on my rocks! [flirt]*wink*[/flirt]
    Not kidding guys and girl, Charleston makes the most awesome materials! they will work awesomly on my cave-package!

Quote Originally Posted by DotCam View Post
    Sweet! Finally got it up on the marketplace, can't wait to vote / buy!

I know you like rocks... but in reality Luos, you're more of a CaveMan....

Looks great bud!
    *bangs head on rocks* Lu-sapien like taste of rocks against head!
    *scratches chest*

Exactly what I was waiting for and getting ready to build myself, thanks!
    I hope this package will provide you with your cave-needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarr View Post
    Oh wow this is amazing, I would buy this for the 80$ in blink of an eye! Great Work!
    Awesome to hear! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sythen View Post
    Fully agree, this is one of the most elaborate and detailed packages for UE4. Incredibly awesome work Yoeri! YOU ARE AWESOME. <3
    Loves yu <3
    No you are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by HeadClot View Post
    I want to buy this!

Awesome work Luos
    And hopefully soon you can!
    *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Zooch View Post
    These are going into the Indigenous island cave system for sure. Excited to see them on the marketplace!
    hmm? care to eleborate?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentX` View Post
    Yoeri, this is an Epic contribution to the Market Place. I hope it sells out!

You mentioned Fantasy caves, and these look perfect for dungeon runs! Anyone who is making a Fantasy MMORPG will definitely have use for these caves! I can't wait to see what people do with this! ;D
    It would be kickin awesome to one day play an rpg and think to myself.. hmm.. these caves look.. like mine! OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by liondog View Post
    I need this in my life now!
    I would loooove to have a liondog in my life, I mean.. look at them:
    Last edited by Luos; 03-15-2015 at 06:39 AM.

Updated main post to add this:

It shows all the options available in the material instance.
    If you enable "use texture for snowcaps" & "use texture for snowcaps roughness" it will open up an option to add an additional diffuse and roughness texture for i.e. moss, ashes, images of cats.

It's been a long time coming, and I'm excited to finally see this make its way to the marketplace!

As Yoeri mentioned, if you want to see a beta version of this package in action, check out my Flowstone Cave Experience! It's free
    Broad Strokes | Jan Kaluza | Marketplace Release: 'Over 9000 Swords' Modular Melee Weapon System
    Currently available for freelance work
    Dev Blog & Tutorials | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Luos View Post

If you enable "use texture for snowcaps" & "use texture for snowcaps roughness" it will open up an option to add an additional diffuse and roughness texture for i.e. moss, ashes, images of cats.
    Yea.. to iterate on the last suggestion:
    Seamless cat images also work:

I... should go do something more productive now.

Omg!

Man, i hate you, since i will really have to buy this without even making a game currently!

Cheers,
    Indy

Woah, Luos. We go a while without talking and you make THIS?

So totally jealous of your skills.

Keep up the amazing work!
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Yoeri!!

This is intense man. What a pack. I agree with allar you'd have to be a fool to not support this. All those assets for $80 is a steal! Much success my friend

Hey peeps, I just recieved notice that the package is now on the public trello board for votes.
    Please be awesome and vote for it

https://trello.com/c/11sivmu7/303-luos-s-modular-rock-cave-pack

thanks and hugs in advance

I cant believe I already passed the 40-vote mark.

Thank you all so much for the votes
    *hugs*

Awesome work and awesome pack! Since 79.99$ is definately a bargain - the 69.99 is more "reasonable" , you will get more sales with 65-69$ price, since I heard that people don't want to buy assets with price over 65-69$ no matter how much they will get in exchange.

Congratulations for awesome pack
    Regards

Luminary
    Upvoted.

Cannot wait to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by wielkiczarnyafgan View Post
    Awesome work and awesome pack! Since 79.99$ is definately a bargain - the 69.99 is more "reasonable" , you will get more sales with 65-69$ price, since I heard that people don't want to buy assets with price over 65-69$ no matter how much they will get in exchange.

Congratulations for awesome pack
    Regards
    Thanks,
    About the price:
    I am not going any lower though (unless I am doing a discount week or so). the package is worth way way more than the 80,- I am asking, and the innitial plan and suggestions where 100,-.
    So I am already giving you 20% off

The package is very versatile and any user can make quick and good looking stuff with it, its def. worth the money I am asking for it
    And if you really do think 80,- is still too expensive, I am sure there will be other cave packages in the future, but they might not be as versatile

Cheers

Also thank you all for the votes! 55 votes already

Looked into the environment using the Rift, I take it the textures are 2k textures? Just some minor gripes, but nothing huge By any chance, do the materials include roughness? They seems a bit, smooth, to me.

The demo scene used a "way to bright" directional light in the part were it opens, if it were me, I would have dimmed it a bit and added light rays to the scene (with the dust particles, it would have fit). I would have also liked to see an avatar / feet so I could check out the collision meshes.

Looked into the environment using the Rift, I take it the textures are 2k textures? Just some minor gripes, but nothing huge By any chance, do the materials include roughness? They seems a bit, smooth, to me.

The demo scene used a "way to bright" directional light in the part were it opens, if it were me, I would have dimmed it a bit and added light rays to the scene (with the dust particles, it would have fit). I would have also liked to see an avatar / feet so I could check out the collision meshes.
    All the textures are 4k, and yes they do include roughness and come with a load of tweaks available in the material instance. (Reduce/increase overall roughness, contrast, etc)

The cave demo wasnt made by me so I forwarded the feedback to Jan, who appreciated it and will take it with him for his next endevours.

4k.. interesting. Perhaps 4k would be "minimum need resolution" and 8k texture being the start of "medium" graphics level. How far we've come since the days of.. I was going to say Morrowind, but hell, even Skyrim.. Skyrim used 2k textures (iirc) and then an addon pack used 4k textures (or was it 1k / 2k official, and 4k unofficial? anyways).

Thanks for forwarding the feedback And take the above comments for what they are. It's not a "deal-breaker" by any means.. It would have been if the textures where 1024x1024 though

4k.. interesting. Perhaps 4k would be "minimum need resolution" and 8k texture being the start of "medium" graphics level. How far we've come since the days of.. I was going to say Morrowind, but hell, even Skyrim.. Skyrim used 2k textures (iirc) and then an addon pack used 4k textures (or was it 1k / 2k official, and 4k unofficial? anyways).

Thanks for forwarding the feedback And take the above comments for what they are. It's not a "deal-breaker" by any means.. It would have been if the textures where 1024x1024 though
    Surely if people NEEDED 8K versions of the textures, they can get Alien Skin Blowup or similar software and just do it themselves. Would take them seconds and they could even go higher then 8K if they REALLY needed (By doing some voodoo magic or whatever). I for one, am totally happy with 4K 8]
    KITATUS

I think standard resolution for most skyrim textures was 1k, with some of the more hero things having 2k. (dragons) you could downloadthe official hd pack for slightly higher rest textures and nowadays the community is pumping out really really well made 4k textures, and applying high end normal and paralax mapping. I think ive even seen the occasional 8k texture on the nexus website for skins, and the occasional artist who goes all out.
    /skyrim yadayada
    That said, the range of quality of materials is quite high, there are some that arent as good as others.. but since you basically get the textures for free in addition to all the meshes and work done, as well as the ability to use any seamless texture on them the textures are the least thing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by KitatusStudios View Post
    Surely if people NEEDED 8K versions of the textures, they can get Alien Skin Blowup or similar software and just do it themselves. Would take them seconds and they could even go higher then 8K if they REALLY needed (By doing some voodoo magic or whatever). I for one, am totally happy with 4K 8]
    If you tweak the engine .ini you can afaik even go as far as importing 32k/32k textures, but mipmapping get borked if my memory serves me right.

edit: 61 votes so far
    thanks!

Looks great Luos, looks really good.

Ah, umm, don't get me wrong, my comments (to a degree) had only a minor significance to the pack you built.. which I might add is alot better than some others I have purchased

I think my comments / ideas should be posted in their own thread tbh, which I might do at some point during the day today if I have the chance to.

PS: I voted for the pack too

Quote Originally Posted by KitatusStudios View Post
    I hate you Kitatus.. making me spend money and stuff.

/added ASB to shopping list
    Last edited by SaviorNT; 03-18-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Promoter
    Soooo, where can I get early Access? :P

Luminary

Umm, I can't watch your video from Russia
    This video contains content from [Merlin] Beggars, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

I hate you Kitatus.. making me spend money and stuff.

/added ASB to shopping list
    Haha, If only they paid me for selling their stuff to other people :'< - But yeah, it's super-handy to have when you're working with Textures which aren't at a resolution you want. :P
    KITATUS

Champion

Just start it without the Rift turned on to fully experience the texture quality.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast