Best Game Under 100mb
    Unsettling - Blazing Badger
    Army of One
    Path of Revenge - Jan Wlosok

Allegorithmic's Picks

1. Scallywag Squabble - Voxelbags
    2. Drone War - Raincoatz Hood
    3. Pumpkin Hack - NOT Blizzard

We have had TWO YEARS of #ue4jams, so once again we're making the October event into a massive extravaganza! Larger prizes, more award categories, and partner sponsorship are all in store for those wanting to take part in this event of Epic proportions.

THE RULES
    Work alone or with a team (up to 5 members) to make the most incredible project based on the theme in Unreal Engine 4, and submit before the deadline.

Detailed Rules

PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
    With the higher stakes, we're altering the project requirements for this time around. Here's the list of updated requirements:
    • The game must not be an obvious extension of one of Epic Games’ official Unreal Engine tutorials.
    • The game must include custom gameplay that exceeds that found in Epic Games’ starter templates.
    • All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it.
    • Must be packaged for Windows or Mac OS. No full, unpackaged projects. VR projects are accepted.

HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY AND TIMELINE

SUBMISSION THREAD

In Unreal Engine game jam tradition, we'll be kicking this one off and announcing the theme on the livestream on October 6 and giving participants an entire week to create and submit an awesome game built in the engine.
    Submit the following to the SUBMISSION thread before the end of the October 13 livestream and include the following info:
    • Link to a download of your game
    • Team name
    • List of team members
    • Name of your submission (Please format it with your team's name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    • Please remember to rename your project to [Team Name]_[Project Name] ex. TheEpicTeam_AwesomeGame
    • List any content that was created before the jam that was included in the final submission.
      • This does affect the score, as we judge on what is made during the jam's timeframe. Submitting an entry with pre-made content that is not disclosed may lead to disqualification.

Then, PM me the following information:
    • Team Name
    • Project Name
    • Each Team Member's Real Name
    • Each Team Member's Email Address
    • Each Team Member's Mailing Address (Not a P.O. box)
    • Each Team Member's T-Shirt Size

If the address is not in the United States, please also provide:
    Phone number for lost postage reclaim
    Tax or VAT number (if applicable)

AWARD CATEGORIES AND PRIZES

This year we have three raffles that all submissions will be entered into, three visual awards chosen by Allegorithmic, three special categories with prizes and a Grand Prize raffle, plus prizes, for the finalist teams. We judge submissions for their aesthetic, unique use of the theme and gameplay on a 1-5 point scale and the top 3 teams will be declared the winners.

INTEL RAFFLE

All participants of the who submit a valid entry will be entered into a drawing to win a brand new NUC Kit. Based on the total count of qualifying submissions, we'll be raffling off a number of NUCs! Here's the breakdown.
    • 0-75 submissions - 2 x NUCs
    • 75-100 submissions - 4 x NUCs
    • 150+ submissions - 6 x NUCs

SPEEDTREE RAFFLE

All participants of the who submit a valid entry will be entered into a drawing to win a SpeedTree swag pack. Based on the total count of qualifying submissions, we'll be raffling off a number of packs that include a $150 Gift card + 1 year SpeedTree subscription + a SpeedTree t-shirt! Here's the breakdown.
    • 0-75 submissions - 1 x pack
    • 75-100 submissions - 3 x packs
    • 150+ submissions - 6 x packs

SIDEFX RAFFLE

All participants of the who submit a valid entry will be entered into a drawing to win a SideFX prize pack, which includes a Houdini Indie License, Houdini/SideFX swag and a t-shirt.

ALLEGORITHMIC'S PICKS

Just like last year, our sponsor Allegorithmic will pick the top three most visually appealing entries to win licenses to Substance Live. The first place winner will receive a one year license per team member, second place gets a Substance Live six month license per team member, and for third place a Substance Live three month license will be given to each team member.

SPECIAL CATEGORY PRIZES

We have introduced "Special Categories" with prizes for teams who create amazing games and also have a certain something extra. Any team can win one of these plus other awards from other categories. These winners are chosen by Epic's judges and the prizes are all from Epic Games. This year, our Special Categories are:

"Coolest Character Design" for the game with the most awesome and unique characters.
    "Best Game Under 100mb" for the best game that doesn't take up too much space.
    "Army of One" for the best game made by a team comprised of only one person

Winners of these special category prizes will be rewarded with Unreal Engine stickers/buttons, an Unreal Engine Game Jam t-shirt per team member, a Fortnite Alpha access key per team member, and a Shadow Complex Remastered key for Steam per team member.

FINALIST PRIZES

All entries will be judged for their aesthetic, unique use of the theme and gameplay. The top three entries will be declared our finalists and will receive a prize package that includes the following:

An Unreal Engine Game Jam t-shirt per team member, a Fortnite Alpha access key per team member, a Shadow Complex Remastered key for Steam per team member, a one year license for Houdini Indie per team member, a Houdini Indie promotional material package per team member, a SpeedTree t-shirt per team member, a one-year subscription to SpeedTree per team member, and a $500 SpeedTree coupon (one per team).

FALCON NORTHWEST GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE

Every individual from the three finalist teams will also be entered into the Grand Prize Raffle, where only one lucky person will receive the Epic MegaJam’s biggest reward; a Falcon Northwest Oculus-Ready Tiki PC. Here are the specs:
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8GB GDDR5X graphics card
    • Liquid-cooled Intel® Core™ i7-6700K processor
    • 16GB of 2,400 MHz DDR4 memory
    • 1 Terabyte Micron SSD
    • 3 Year Parts & Labor + 1 Year Falcon Overnight service

All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch. All winning members will receive an Epic swag bag amongst numerous other items, a "Game Jam Finalist" forum badge, a featured playthrough on the October 27 Twitch stream, as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine blog!

Also, everyone's favorite playthrough artist, Michael Allar, is helping us judge the winners live on October 27! We can't wait to see the results

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown
    Deadline Countdown

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
    Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam hashtag!
    Make sure you catch Allar's stream of all the entries once the deadline is up: http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar

-------- PARTICIPATING TEAMS --------
    In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we're requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We'll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so everyone can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We appreciate your help in making this event awesome

Please send myself a PM with your team name and number of team members and we'll get you added to the list!

Helpful Links for Jamming!

Official Sites

Getting Started Docs
    Reduce Your Package Size
    Top Tips for Game Jams
    Wiki Tutorials
    Wiki Code Tutorials/Snippets
    Training Videos
    Tutorials and Guides
    Blueprint Getting Started Thread
    C++ Getting Started Thread

Youtube

Unreal Engine's Official Youtube Channel
    Peter L Newton's Youtube Channel
    TeslaDev's Youtube Channel
    Mathew Wadstein's Youtube Channel
    Luos' Youtube Channel

Tutorials and Guides

Tutorials by Tom Looman
    Blueprint Guides by Romero
    Gameplay Guides by Kitatus
    Last edited by Alexander Paschall; 10-27-2016 at 11:34 PM. Reason: TEAMS!!!!
    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

I'd like to get a team or teams sorted from the London Unreal Engine Meetup. I could organise a venue for us to meet up at the weekend. Beer, pizzas and dev!
    Cool Blue Moon Ltd. @coolbluemoonltd And now, @londonisunreal, the London Unreal Engine Meet-up group.

I am very excited for this and can't wait to get cracking

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezcentral View Post
    I'd like to get a team or teams sorted from the London Unreal Engine Meetup. I could organise a venue for us to meet up at the weekend. Beer, pizzas and dev!
    Someone here wanna do this in germany? <3
    "The possibility of victory is only 0% when all the players give up. I refuse to make it 0% myself" - Kuroko

Just want to check, is it ok to use assets bought on the Marketplace?

Programmer/designer here who intends to solo this game jam

I think il just wait for this one instead of doing the September jam

@Epic: The Countdown is wrong, it's counting the days that have passed since October 6th 2015, not the days untill october 6th 2016
    @AxelRantila: In the other gamejams it's allowed to use Assets which were not made by a teammember, but you have to declare it! Since Epic didn't prohibit the use of 3rd Party assets in the anouncement, there is no reason not to use them.

Happy jamming every1!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjin View Post
    Yeah, I might be interested. Where are you from exactly? Hamburg here
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
    [Marketplace] RPG Starter Kit - Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Fragment7 View Post
    @Epic: The Countdown is wrong, it's counting the days that have passed since October 6th 2015, not the days untill october 6th 2016
    Sorry about that, I've fixed it

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by order66 View Post
    Yeah, I might be interested. Where are you from exactly? Hamburg here
    Sad, I can only travel around NRW and some cities around, everything else is too far/expensive <3.
    "The possibility of victory is only 0% when all the players give up. I refuse to make it 0% myself" - Kuroko

Infiltrator
    oh i,m waiting for this
    I think it,s my way to become better in unreal engine
    no pre-registration this time huh

Anyone from Copenhagen? Could be fun to try participating in one of these gamejams

Is it ok to use custom builds of UE4 for this? Other games jams can sometimes be quite restrictive about that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by limey98 View Post
    Is it ok to use custom builds of UE4 for this? Other games jams can sometimes be quite restrictive about that kind of thing.
    As long as it came from Unreal Engine, we don't have any rules against editing source for your jam project. Just make sure that you mention any previously created content in your submission post is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    As long as it came from Unreal Engine, we don't have any rules against editing source for your jam project. Just make sure that you mention any previously created content in your submission post is all.
    Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm though, we normally use either NVIDIA's VXGI build, or lately GalaxyMan2015's complete GameWorks build. Are these acceptable as long as they're disclosed? Or is it only modifications we've made ourselves to the source?

Infiltrator
    Anyone doing this in Toronto?

anyone in ohio doing this?

looking forward to this, hope i can get the time to submit something!
    Linux...

Sad, I can only travel around NRW and some cities around, everything else is too far/expensive <3.
    I'm located in Münster, so this might be possible ^^

Hey all! If anyone is in need of a composer for your team who can throw together some great music for your entry, get in touch. I'd love to hear from you if you just gamejam because, like me, you're happy to be creating and collaborating.

I really don't mind where you're from- Skype is pretty good and composer is just one of those jobs where working remotely is the norm anyhow. Studios are hard to pick up and move.

I'm quick, experienced and I guarantee I will make your game better. Pre-made tracks can be pretty good, but nothing can be an individually written soundtrack, however small the game. Custom SFX are also part of what I'll do, but music is always #1 for me. Some audio examples below, chosen because I put them together quickly, and that's what you're going to need! I'll watch out for any PMs, so just drop me a message.

A previous gamejam project - prog-rock ambient music, and sound:

https://youtu.be/BGnX6UEJTUk

A track I threw together this week in roughly 9 hours in total (including all project setup- a very time-consuming process!!) - dark ambient orchestral music

Something for a recent short film - light, airy, flowing orchestral music

- Mote

I'm on Soundcloud (who isn't..?)
    I chat on Twitter too (who doesn't..?)

Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnittbrot View Post
    I'm located in Münster, so this might be possible ^^
    Hey there, located in Kassel here and also looking for a team. I can provide pizzas and snacks!

Since it's in October, there's a special genre close to my heart that I hope to twist the theme into so I'll finally be in my element in a game jam for once hehe.

Do you have to "register" your team in advance, like last year?
    Blazing Badger
    Managing Director, Technical Game Designer
    @swagentrotz

I'm definitely feeling this. Last year was so much fun!

If anybody needs a C++ Programmer, Tech Artist or FX Artist hit me up! Multiplayer / Battle Arena is always fun!

Am up for a challenge :P Meck-Pom here.
    Last edited by LandsHeer; 09-13-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Hey, I'm searching for a team as well! I just finished my first UE4 monthly GameJam with a VR entry.

I'm a C++ Programmer and also able to quickly work with Blueprints. Sadly, for the Mega-Jam, I will be out on the 8th and 9th because of a family event. Nonetheless, during the rest of the jam I'm available and eager to create a great game!

So if any team out there searches for a programmer/blueprinter for the jam, I'd love to hear from you! Just throw a PM my way :-)

I'm in, just need to book some time off work.
    Piranhi

Definitely excited for this, and also completely horrified; I'm so new to all of this...

Still, nothing like a really, really short deadline to get you to learn things quickly, eh?

Infiltrator
    Looking for people to join my team!

3d models
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yavPlpcdzng

Single game I am working on alone:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ICO0GGueI

Infiltrator
    cant wait for it

Samaritan
    Hopefully Canadian Thanksgiving won't get in the way too much but I did take the whole week off from work, I must defend my title.

Looking forward to participating!
    This'll be jam number two ( jam one was the unreal slackers #botsaysjam ).

Looking forward to learning even more about the engine in the process after seeing how much the last jam taught~
    www.valkrysa.com
    A proud and noble software developer

Supporter
    Im looking forward to this as well, now i just need a team.

Im a Programmer/Blueprinter with some modeling skills and i have about 2 years of UE4 experience so if anyone is searching for a Programmer/Blueprinter feel free to message me.

Can you start with existing code/assets you've already made or are we expected to do everything within the 1 week? (I'm guessing you can because how would you be able to enforce this rule?)

Infiltrator
    Want to join my team Moep?

Sounds fun, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by swagentrotz View Post
    Looks like you have to PM Alexander:

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Paschall View Post

Please send myself a PM with your team name and number of team members and we'll get you added to the list!

Quote Originally Posted by swagentrotz View Post
    It's not a requirement to pre-register, that just helps us plan for it better. All you have to do to enter is submit a link within the contest period to the submission forum thread.

EDIT: But to pre-register go ahead and PM me with your team name and size. I'm adding the ones I already have soon.

Hero of the Peole

The start of my play-through stream won't happen until the night of the 15th / morning of the 16th due to overlap with Steam Dev Days.

Samaritan
    I can program the game and would love to sign up for this. Any artists or modellers want to team up with me?
    If you want to see my UDK games, have a look at my website!

I'll be getting married or something, so I'm out for this one. Good luck to all who join! Make sure to sleep!
    Crackpot Gumption

You can find my blog, development updates, and other random things at my site, Crackpot Gumption.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast