Your scene contains a skydome mesh with a sky material but it does not cover that part of the screen

I’m trying to use scenecapture 2d to make a minimap, however the rendering target shows onlly black with a message
“your scene contains a skydome mesh with a sky material but it does not cover that part of the screen”, what’s the source of this problem?

3 Likes

Don’t worry about that, you probably don’t have a landscape and are working from a simple floor, like in the example projects.
Just enlarge the floor your character is walking on and that will fix it.

1 Like

I have the same problem. “Don’t worry about that” isn’t a solution. How do I see the sky, and not a black background with this message?

3 Likes

Perhaps in editor’s viewport’s “Show” dropdown > Choose “Use Defaults”
I had the same problem and realized, I have displayed “Collision” in the viewport … this could result in the “Skydome … does not cover that part of the screen”

4 Likes

I am trying to texture a soccer stadium and I get this message when I put a texture on a back wall of the stadium.

The inside of this wall has the texture but the back says this"

“your scene contains a skydome mesh with a sky material but it does not cover that part of the screen”

I attached a screen shot for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

THANK YOU!!

Did you find a solution for this?! I have the same problem inside a house just printed on the walls and the floors and everything

Have the same here. UE 5.0.1

In my case, was the World Position Offset, once disabled, worked

3 Likes

Is Nanite enabled with your mesh ? World Position Offset is unsupported with Nanite. I guess disabling it make Nanite mesh works again.

Try to disable Nanite on your mesh, it should works too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I delete The mesh, “Sky something mesh” , is the name. I delete all light who influence the world, outside, in this case. And create Envoriment Light Mixe to control all my external light
Sry my bad english
This can help

3 Likes

This worked for me. Ty

I’ve the same problem when I tried to migrate my project from UE4 to UE5. So, I solve the issue digging into the Material Shader and upgrade some Material Function that was outdated and missed.

I’m now getting this on pretty much every static mesh, including water shaders and all. If I try to render a sequence out to a movie the message flashes all over my screen.

No WPO or Nanite being used here. If anyone can solve this I’ll love you forever.

1 Like

I had this issue too, but was defective ram memory that causing these problems

In my case disabling Nanite on SM_SkySphere fixed the problem.

1 Like

In your 2D scene render camera there is an option “Hidden actors”. Add the skylight/skymesh and sky atmosphere to the actors you want to hide and the problem will go away for the purpose of rendering a minimap.

1 Like

I had the same issue because I enabled nanite on all my meshes. It was causing issues with my Dynamic Volumetric Sky. After removing nanite from the mesh that handle the sky, everything was fixed.

1 Like

11688d2a0f5f0133e98f59a77e5e887
I select this item in the material detail panel as True
, the problem is solved.
我是在做地形材质的时候出了这个问题,我把材质里这一项勾选了,就解决了 :smile:

Disabling Atmosphere under viewport Show menu fixed it for me.

2 Likes

What works for me is to set the Sky mesh to be EditorSkySphere, not Sphere or anything else. Nothing else needs to be changed, including Nanite.

1 Like