You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle which has an activity, activity alias, service or broadcast receiver with intent filter, but without 'android:exported' property set. This file can't be installed on Android 12 or higher

Hey everyone. Recently I’ve developed an Andriod game using UE 4-27. The game has two levels, a main menu, an intro movie, an outro movie and I added a storyline to the game so that it makes sense to the users. Then i packaged it up and I’ve been trying to upload it to PlayStore for about a month now. While doing so, I came across many errors, most of which I solved on my own with the help of internet resources. But now, I’m stuck at an error which I don’t know how to fix. I searched everywhere but couldn’t find the solution. Can anyone here, help me about this? This is what the error loooks like:

In case the picture is not clearly visible enough, this is what it says:

You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle which has an activity, activity alias, service or broadcast receiver with intent filter, but without ‘android:exported’ property set. This file can’t be installed on Android 12 or higher. See: Behavior changes: Apps targeting Android 12  |  Android Developers

Please help me out guys. This is very important to me.

3 Likes

I have the same issue…
I’ve successfully packaged and published an AR app to the Google Play Store a month ago, but now I want to publish an updated version, and when I try to publish my .abb through Google App Exporter Bundle I have exactly the same error message.

I am having the same problem with my mobile game any answers?

Same here, and the weirdest thing is that I published 3 games without a glitch and now on the fourth I’m getting this error. Even though my manifest looks exactly the same.

EDIT One way around this problem is setting back your target sdk version to 30,but this ofcourse is only mending the situation.

yes, but people on android 12 won’t be able to play

Know that, why I mentioned it’s only mending the situation

I’m trying to do it somehow through UPL but so far without success ((

Any solution guys?
Oh, and btw, I’m using GooglePAD Plugin to bind my obb with my aab. Maybe I did something wrong there. I don’t really know. I followed the entire process as mentioned in the official doc of Unreal regarding the usage of GooglePAD.

Hi there, same problem here, I found it on my first Update of 2022, It had worked perfectly until Jenuary…
I only understand that this problem is related to a permission not clearly granted or denied, since Android 12 want an explicit True or False for Android:Exported…
I tried to add this to every permission/activity but It didn’t work

[EDIT] just to be sure I reuploaded my apps that where running on android 12 and yes they now have the same problem.
Here’s our problem

1 Like

As far as I understanded , PAD only split your assets in differents chunk for Android to lighten your base APK, but this is more like a problem of permissions.
If you have problem with PAD you will receive some notification about the weight of the APK or the impossibility to reach some chunk in download

dont think the problem is in Google PAD,
here the line of code that’s in our manifest;

<activity android:name="com.epicgames.ue4.SplashActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@style/UE4SplashTheme" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:screenOrientation="landscape" android:debuggable="false">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
      </intent-filter>
    </activity>

and we need to declare our android permission in the first line of code so it looks like this;
<activity android:name="com.epicgames.ue4.SplashActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@style/UE4SplashTheme" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:screenOrientation="landscape" android:debuggable="false" android:exported="true">

1 Like

but we cant make a direct change to the manifest in android studio. so how would we even change it.

yes, therein lies the problem, think we should find the bit of engine code that writes the manifest and edit it there, or wait for an update on the engine :confused:

1 Like

in what folder of your unreal engine project did you find the Manifest file?

your project \Intermediate\Android\arm64\AndroidManifest.xml

i found the manifest from the project file but it looks like theres already and android:export “true” right above the intent active line.

:frowning: now im just confused lmao

You are correct, however you need to declare ir every time you use an intent.
This one is a seperate intent as the one above in the manifest, and only works for the bit between <receiver ...more coding...> and </receiver>

did you find a solution?

I have yet to find a fix for this… Has anyone found a solution any solution would be a major help. Still Can not up load any android files