"You are out of votes!" Can't vote on any issue.

I’ve been here for years and this is what I get:

afbeelding

** Is this a joke? ** 

What is the point of limiting voting for active accounts which have been around for 5+ years and have a positive reputation? If this is some form of “spam protection” it’s clearly flawed since anyone can make bot accounts to vote, yet no one appears to put in that effort. There would be no benefit to abuse voting. I’ve been around long enough to vote on plenty of bugs I ran into myself. I should also not remove my old votes for historic reasons, even if those bugs are now solved. With this limit in place, you effectively remove experienced developers from giving feedback.

@Amanda.Schade

I can’t vote too. Also I found an old issue and removed my vote there and I still can’t vote for any new posts. So it might be a bug.

Do you think all issues will be looked into no matter how many votes they have or who logged them? If so, we probably do not need any voting system at all.

Another bug, or you simply still have “too many” votes.

About a week ago, I was shocked to hear from staff that the bug reporting section on this forum is only handled for Fortnite issues. The Bug Reporter account we see lately, also only handles Fortnite issues. There are multiple problems with the forum which allows users to post bug reports unrelated to Fortnite even though they are not handled. A secondary problem is that users have not been seeing the proper bug reporting form, but the question form. Aside from this news, I have had little to no response from staff when I tagged people. Some moderators are active here to think with the community, the common names. I have never received an actual status update on a report of mine. Is it fixed? no one knows. Here is all the info I received from staff:

EPIC, please stop breaking Slate and UMG in new releases. - #11 by Roy_Wierer.Seda145

I feel we need a voting system because this is valuable feedback for EPIC to prioritize fixes and discuss development direction. Similar to the “likes” we can add to every reply of a topic, we can give feedback to value of information. In the end this gives the community and EPIC info to work with. I’d even suggest an actual voting system per reply similar to what Stackoverflow offers so that misinformation / low reputation / bad solutions can be filtered to. Currently you can only report posts to moderators while we can handle it ourselves. We have the knowledge and mods can use the time for other things.

Bump, vote for your freedom

@latunda Seems fixed now! There is still a voting limit, it looks like it has been upgraded to a total of 1000. Given I still have 945 that seems to be fine for now.

afbeelding

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.