Yet another FPS blueprint tutorial

of course :slight_smile:

and the uassest file http://jaexx.uk/screens/MM_S_V_res.rar

Well i guess my problem is fixed, i don’t know how or what was the cause of the exact error but ive just completed the video tutorials secton again … 4th time lucky … and everything has packaged correctly.

sorry it seems to have wasted your time :confused:

I ran into this problem and found I could resolve it by removing MM_S_Video from the MM_Settings widget switcher and then readding it. No clue why that works unless it forces some sort of refresh on the child widgets.

no such thing, glad it is working now.

I did this and it’s not the solution for me :confused: any more insights

I knew there was something that doesn’t allow my game to package. It has something to do with this error, but I can’t quiet figure it out yet :

LogPhysics:Warning: PHYSX: …..\PhysXCooking\src\mesh\TriangleMeshBuilder.cpp (264) 32 : cleaning the mesh failed

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

After this an unknow error goes off and cooking for packaging game fails. I went through the entire settings/video/audio/gameplay widget tutorials and everything is the same.

thanks a lot! another question - now i stuck on Host Game part, every time i try hosting it goes “Creation Session failed”, what can be the problem?

is it possibly something in your map? I don’t ever use any physx stuff (knowingly) so far.

did you set your OnlineSubsystem in the ini file? I usually see this when there is nothing in the ini for this.

not sure if this matters for testing but do you have Steam running
and have you added the stuff to the ini files

Dude, thanks! :smiley: I have been trying to get in UE so many times now… maybe now I can finally get to somewhere, thanks!

Hey,

Im not sure if this porblem was already posted but for some reason my MM_Menu is popping up when im loading a new level… Any Ideas?

In my LevelBP are no nodes to start up my HUD again…

This is my HostGameEvent:

if you need more Information please contact me!

greets Kiliangg

Go into your game instance and right clic on your show_mainmenu and ‘Find References’… you might need to click on the ‘find in current blueprint only’ box in the find results box to turn it off, and search again. There should only be two, the event itself and it being called in the Start_Game event… If that’s good, then do the same for Start_Game. You should find Start Game itself, where it is called from Start_Over and also in your menus level BP.

Those are the only two ways I know of that can make it ‘show’ on the screen. If that’s not it, let me know.

should be fine…

Yeah. So when you host and it loads a level then the menu is popping up over the new level?

exactly, as well as joining over the server list.

Hmm, I wonder if you are far enough in that you don’t have the ‘set visibility’ stuff in there yet. I forgot a part at the start and added it later for that.

Also, way down the line I go back and use Leave Current State properly. It should be set like this:

9e17f44fc12bc4a665ef960d6e2682fafc3c41dd.jpeg

And most of the Show_* custom events should start with a LeaveCurrentState set to the menu you are going into.

I really need to work on the PDF of the whole tutorial and update it for all the ‘fixes’ that came later.

If that’s not it, I’d have to look deeper into it…

Gonna try and live steam the next bit of tutorial. Never done that before, and I am on the edge of a bad cold, so who knows how it will go… brain somewhat fried.

Ill take a look! Thanks so far!

Worked but now my loading screen is not shown <.< but i guess ill figure it out by myself.
EDIT: After trying to recover the loading screen with sucess, its broken again the menu is again stuck infront of my Ingame Screen.

I have set up my “Leave Current State” like you

and my Host BTN Event like this:

Oh and one thing in my MM_S_V_line BP: My created Widget with the Class “MM_S_V_BTN” wont allow me to put in the Array Element.

c08e5dab311161d0208e731c651d6996.png

for the MM_S_V_BTN widget, open it up, select the variable ‘name’ so you see the ‘Details’ for it. make sure you have ‘expose on spawn’ checked. compile and save and it should show up for you to attach.

The other is harder to figure out with just some screen shots. If I could get the project to look at perhaps I could see what is going on.

sure ill upload it