Xr22-battleship

There’s such a charm to this game and with each update, it only grows. Everything from the way the text fades in to how when a rocket hits the forcefield(?) ceiling and dings off before coming back - these little features add such personality.

Great work so far and I’m definitely watching for that next update. Happy developing! Until next time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m still trying my best to improve the overall game.
I’m working on the laser to avoid loosing precious milliseconds as it is ON by default when entering the level. It will be ON only when the player is inside the Control Center and after I will change again the colors of the Laser…
Thanks again for your support.

2 Likes

Updated my Laser Pointer and the 2 grids to be more in line with the 2D paper game
Thanks for your support and feedback.

2 Likes

Oh, it looks great!

Wasn’t sure what was missing from the previous laser pointer but after seeing the final product - it’s like night and day. So smooth and fluid. Honestly, terrific work as usual! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I was also feeling that the laser needs some adjustment to be :slight_smile:
Visually pleasant but also more user friendly.
I’m still missing 1 point .
When I choose 1 cell of the grid with the button select I need to give a visual feedback of that cell before it’s marked as miss or hit.
Thanks for your support.

2 Likes

WIP on the Laser Pointer. I’m trying to make the targeting easier for the player. Almost done.
From original rules: “each player takes a turn to announce a target square in the opponent’s grid which is to be shot at”

1 Like

The targeting from the laser pointer looks smooth, and the laser itself is pretty mesmerizing. I love the color scheme, but I also wonder if we’ll be able to change the color of the laser ourselves if we want. All in all, great work; keep the updates flowing! :raised_hands:

1 Like

It’s definitely a good idea to put this on the global parameters.
Thanks for your feedback.
I will do this in the lobby.

1 Like

Hi!
literally just had the same idea to start developing a battleship game in VR. Now that I’ve seen this project, I’m kind of discouraged :grin: huge props to the dev, it’s really looking awesome and has some ideas that I’ve probalby not would’ve come up with!
Looking forward to watch the progress of this project! <3

2 Likes

Hello g-schmitz , thanks for your very friendly words. I hope that this will not stop you to realize your Battleship game.Actually I started this project alone more than 2 years ago. It was very heavy and as I am in Uganda for the moment, I looked after a young student who finished his university diploma to join me. I was able to hire one programmer and I taught him how to use the Unreal Blueprints. We are still working together for the implementation of the EOS functionalities to make a solid multiplayer game .

1 Like

Some flying experience to check the optimization done to the LODs and materials.
It came out with a better speed, some gains in milliseconds and less dropped frames.

2 Likes

Never thought there would be flying or any movement around at all. Glad it’s happened though! :slight_smile: Happy continued development and I wish you all the luck in the rest of the project :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m working hard to have an early access for December 2022 otherwise I will be in trouble with the Game name XR22…

1 Like

You have a few months left; I’m sure Xr22-battleship will be finished just in time! If not, Xr23-battleship does have a nice ring to it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, I will try my best for December.
I’m reviewing the Elo Rating for the moment.

1 Like

Upgraded the 2 capsules for enabling FLYING and MEET
quote (Wikipedia) “Battleship -also known as Battleships or Sea Battle- is a strategy type guessing game for two players”.unquote

2 Likes

Another wonderful update, and no less at the end of the week! I hope your week has been great and your weekend is fantastic. I noticed the lighting, in general, in this video seemed to be darker. Was this change intentional? As always, thanks for the update. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the overall light is too dark for the moment…
I was working on the errors of overlapping UVs. A total of 133 errors I had to resolve with Maya.
Only 2 remains and after I will apply the new light model which will be in balance for PC and VR.
I also found a way to change the global light faster .
I upgraded the game to UE 4.27 as there was a bug in 4.26 with the MSAA. Now with the 4.27 I have a steady 80 frames/s for the Rift S and 90 fps for RIft.

1 Like

So I decided to release first a demo in PC and VR for the single player level in December.
I hope to receive feedback before releasing the full game.
I’m working on it and also working on my Capt Li to present my game…

1 Like

Greetings, @J_Tox; I hope you’re doing well! I never asked if Xr22-battleship would be a VR-only creation, but If I had a VR headset and a computer good enough to run VR, I would help test your game in a heartbeat! :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like