WorldSettings_1 error: Lighting needs to be rebuild - But I already did that!

Hello!

I just added a lot of grass foliage through the “Landscape Grass Type” blueprint and added it to my terrain. While placing everything works great, I’m simply not able to render it properly.

I click on “Build”. It shows the percentage of the build lighting, which of course goes up to 100%.

But for some reason after it’s completed I get the error message that my lighting should be rebuild, and nothing in the preview has changed. I test the preview and still “45 unbuild objects”.

I tried to use the “Force No Precompute Lighting” route, but that didn’t work at all.

What can I do? I really don’t want to remake the entire map, it took a long time.

Got no answers in the answers hub, maybe someone here can help.

Copy all your assets and paste them into a new map, after that it will probably work :slight_smile:

I migrated all my content to another project. Same error as before.

I just don’t get what’s going wrong.

Might there be a problem with the “Landscape Grass Type” Blueprint? Could be a bug with the engine, but then again nobody else seems to have this problem.

But have you tried the thing with the new map?

Could be -> delete it and try it again

I have get the same problem from time to time.

Created it again from scratch, same error as before.

How did you fix the issue?

It seems this error is just happening to me, then. I’d still like to know how some of you work around it, if it’s possible!

Hi Rhidor,

Can you do me a favor and go to your Menu Bar > Window > Developer Tools > Output log

This will open a new tab in your editor. Type in the console command DumpUnbuiltLightInteractions then press Enter.

Copy and paste that log to a text file that you can upload here. If it’s short, it may be fine to post in the forums. If it’s long it’s better in a condensed format.

This will give a list of all the unbuilt objects in your scene with regards to lighting.

Some other things to be aware of. If you’re spawning objects in your game that are static these will cause that flag to be thrown as well, so if that’s the case you’ll need to set these assets to Movable in your Blueprint to get rid of the error.

Hopefully what you find in this will help find the root of your cause and the setup that you’ve got going.

Hey ,

This is what showed up after entering the command:

Cmd: DumpUnbuiltLightInteractions
DumpUnbuiltLightIteractions
Lights with unbuilt interactions: 1
Light LightSource
Primitives with unbuilt interactions: 14
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_13
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_12
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_11
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_10
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_9
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_8
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_7
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_6
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_5
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_4
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_3
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_2
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_1
Primitive HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/ROFRlvl2.ROFRlvl2:PersistentLevel.Landscape2.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_0
LogD3D11RHI: InitD3DDevice

If I wanted to set my assets to moveable, how would I do that? I opened up my blueprint and couldn’t find a checkbox for it.

I don’t think I can actually change my assets to movable, as I spawned them in through my terrain texture, as shown in many, many videos on how to populate your level which huge amounts of grass/trees.

Is there a solution for the error? It seems to me like it could be one single edit somewhere, as the error is pretty much always the same except for the number at the end.

So… nothing that can be done here?