If you instantiate an entity prefab that has a child entity that’s a Widget entity, when you call RemoveFromParent() on the prefab, the widget isn’t removed from the world. In edit session, the only way to remove it is to change session.
Please select what you are reporting on:
Unreal Editor for Fortnite
What Type of Bug are you experiencing?
Scene Graph
Steps to Reproduce
Create an entity prefab, add a mesh component to it.
Create a widget, add an image to it. Compile verse and add the corresponding entity of the widget to the prefab.
In verse, make a simple code that instantiates the prefab, adds it to the simulation and then removes it after some time.
Expected Result
The whole entity prefab is removed from the world.
Observed Result
Only the mesh component is removed. The widget entity stays in the world.
Yeah the issue is with prefabs. Not the first time they cause issues when instantiated. Maybe SetPresentableToPlayers can interfere as well? Did you use it?
I m with the same issue, I have a prefab with the Widget Entity inside, and I spawn by verse as child of the simulation Entity, but its not removed when I call the RemoveFromParent(), the UI stays in the game.