World Partition is Loading In Patches

No idea how to fix this…everything is loading in patches…it makes no sense to me.
I converted this landscape to World Partition from a Map that was using Level Streaming, perhaps that’s the problem. I’ll try to create this map from scratch using World Partition rather than converting it to see if this will help. If anyone has any advice or actually knows the cause or solution to this, please let me know.

1 Like

Hi, I had some initial issues with tiles being culled aggressively all over the place after converting a 4.27 project. Got rid of initial culling by enabling ‘Large worlds’ in World settings.

However I’m still getting some performance issues with tiles not loading quickly when I’m right on top of them, but I might be expecting too much given this is a 16km landscape and I’m zooming around fairly high up in this testing example:

Have you testing pushing your ‘Loading range’ way up - to cover entire landscape:

I took it up to 100k but that’s only part of the issue, it’s the foliage. It uses Procedural Foliage Volumes and it doesn’t appear to have options available specifically for setting different loading distanced for individual Foliage Types. This means that even if I do manage to get around this issue, I’ll still have less then optimal loading of foliage due to the fact that I can’t have smaller foliage not load in until I get close to them…sure the Culling System will handle that but it still means that the system is lacking because the more you have loading in at one time the more of a hit the CPU is going to take from large quantities of things being thrown on it. Ideally, I would be able to have the smaller foliage load in closer up so that less things are being thrown at it.

Hey @J0hn-C0nn0r and @Rossoe , did you guys solve this issue somehow? We are having the exact same issue with our world partition landscape that has been migrated from UE4.27 some time ago.

2 Likes

As far as I know this has been solved in 5.1, so just give it some time and you won’t have to worry about it anymore.

I am still having this issues with UE5.1. I have a relatively flat landscape, and if the foliage (or even the landscape) is outside of the player bounds, they simply are not loaded. This is an issue for me as I need to have a “drone mode” where the user can fly up and see everything.

If I disable spatial loading on the large landscape, I can see that but that seems like it defeats the purpose of world partition. Also, I thought that’s what HLODs were supposed to do. Nevertheless, I tried to disable spatial loading on the foliage instances but the option to uncheck that is greyed out - so they have to be spatially loaded.

Is anyone else seeing this, and if so has anyone come up with a solution where you can see your world when flying?

False. This issue is still present and blatant. UE5 World Partition is not working at all. lol

Issue still present in 5.3.2. :confused:

It’s not possible to disable IsSpatiallyLoaded for Instanced Foliage Actors, and the way foliage is currently being loaded seems broken/random to me.