World Lighting Help [UE 5.3.2]

Im new to UE and using 5.3.2. I’m currently going through the “Your First Hour in Unreal Engine.” But it’s based in 5.2 and a lot of the QOL features that it uses aren’t present in 5.3.2

When it goes over creating lighting (Sky light, Volumetric Clouds, Sky Atmosphere, and Exponential Height Fog) it uses the Light Mixer and allows you to automatically created the lighting required for a world. The problem is that it doesn’t allow me to do that, the light mixer is empty and I had to create all the lights manually-(shown in the images above)-as well as an error that says the lighting needs to be rebuilt.

Can someone help me? How do I fix this and light up the world level, as well as fix the error?

Hey there @GeeGee_E-Zee! Welcome to the community! I haven’t seen the tutorial series in a while, however if I remember correctly they use the Environment Light Mixer, and not the level light mixer.

The lighting rebuilt error can be remedied once you finish setting up your lighting and building the lighting:

That explains a lot! I didn’t even notice! I was so confused and didn’t even notices the environmental light mixer. This helps me out a ton. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.