Working title: The locked Room

Simple idle animation check in Unreal.

Update for the week. Mainly learning & working on widgets.

Update on UI.

• Context sensitive interact, include read, & pick up, if possible.

The ‘Texture pop in’ of UI elements needs to be addressed.

Gameplay & developer’s comment video. Yes, I will be getting a mic soon, & doing a bit of voice training.

I hope to finish the gameplay for the level soon, which is about 85% done. Then I will take a short break to refresh before focusing on polishing, & add the other elements to the level, namely, in-game cutscenes (there will be 2), & start & end cutscenes (slideshow 2D style).

Now, my game has a title.

If anyone is wondering, the Fairytales Woods are the forests nested in the Fairly Tales road, a tourists attraction in West Central Germany, where visitors visit many areas where many of Grimm Brother stories originated, sorry, I meant inspired.​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

End level cutscene for a level in my game.

Would like to have voiceovers, if budget allows…

Added a Kanban board

Maybe I can explain a little, under “Backlog” row is what you wish to do, out of the list, you put what you actually wanted to do on the “To-Do” row,

From the “To-Do” you put what you will be doing at this moment in the conceptual row(or skip to Development if a concept is not needed). A concept could be a programming logic flowchart, a cinematic storyboard or a concept design for a level.

After that, you moved to Development. which could be the actual level design or assert making in 3D software.

Last but not least is the testing row, after development is done. Typically to test bugs or make sure animation is okay in Unreal.

Gameplay video demo level /mini-Prototype is almost done. Only major task is voiceover. It is the last task as it cost extra money for voiceover work, & so I make sure the dialogs I want is as final as it can before sending the script to the voiceover actress).

Please feel free to comment. I am a solo developer that only works in the evening, in my home studio. WIth the (soon to be release) gameplay video (with voice) done, I hope to start promoting my game in parallel. First by having dedicated social media & website for it. If only I could decide on a name for my studio.

Gamepad support added to the game. More work need to be done, but overall smooth. Wish gamepad interface is as straight forward as mouse for menu, but its not too bad.

The background is a placeholder. Need a better Background with less contrast, so the UI are more readable.

This week update. I manage to update all the game menu & gameplay to support a gamepad. At first, I wanted to be “lazy” & have both gamepad & mouse coexisting, which means mouse cursor on screen & activated even when you use controller but it doesn’t work well, so I have to add some custom code to make detect one of mouse/gamepad is currently use, & make them work as appropriate, & also making the switch seamless.

I was resisting doing this because other than its a lot of work, its prone to bugs. i.e You can’t use the gamepad if the game detects you are in mouse/keyboard mode & via visa. But I think I manage to make the code fairly elegant & not error/bug-prone, so I am happy.

First gameplay video with VOICE!

Screenshot Montage to be used on my newly created website.

Looks really awsome! Great Character Building really cool!

It is a bit more than a year since the last post. Is the game out? Your last work posted, looked very good.

I am back. I was very sick for a year, so I have to take an extended break. I restarted the project from about a month ago & have something to share. See video.

More screenies

More screenies.

Its that time of the year…play music

You can find voice acting services for free in sites like VOICE ACTING CLUB. They have auditions for paid and non paid jobs :slight_smile: