[WORKING]Google Play Services Setup in Unreal Engine 5

Hi , after playing around for 5 to 6months I’m able to setup Google Play Services in Unreal Engine 5.3.2.

Steps to Setup:

i) Create an app in Google Play console.

ii) IMPORTANT: You need to create Play Services and publish it before adding any release for Internal,Closed testing.

iii) Create Android auth client in cloud using same package name . If you are using google App Signing then Paste the SHA1 of Google APP Signing in the Android Auth client SHA1 key.

iv) Create a new web application in google cloud.

v) Create a new project in fireBase. Link your application in fireBase. In Authentication tab enable GooglePlayServices.

vi) Under Google Play Service you will find Client Id and Client Secret. Copy the Client Id and Client Secret from recently create WEB APPLICATION oath client.

vii) In Configuration tab of Google Play Services add both ANDROID and WEB APPLICATION Oauth clients. And Publish the project.

viii) Create a new Internal or Closed testing and test for Google Play Login. make sure to enable Google Play plugin.

Hope this helps somebody.

Thanks!

Hi. Can you give us more information about what settings you use in your UE project, Build settings, gradle version…

I already did all theses steps multiple times and have been facing the same errors in version 5.3.2 and 5.4.2/5.4.4
The only UE projects that worked correctly for me in the Play Store were made with version 4.27
Other people are having the same errors in versions 5+ like Google Play Services / Show External Login UI / In-App Purchases / Play Integrity

People with the errors:
(Most important things to publish android game is broken. Login & in-app Purchase Don't work in all version.)
(Android In App Purchase)
([Android][UE 5.3] Start an In-App Purchase Crash (w/ Callstack))
(When switching to target API 34 Google Play Login window does not show up anymore UE 5.3.2)
(Google Play Services Show External Login UI node NEVER fires OnSuccess)

Hi, Sorry for replying late… Can you share your errors.?

I’m already testing google play login… I’m able to login without any issues.

I use Target SDK 34, In build-tool versions I use latest

these are the tags I use…

1 Like

Good day, please can you help I get this error from Google console when I upload my game over there so you have any clue on it please help

I am using UE5. 3.2 am targeting SDK 34