WMFMedia get crashed in packaged game

Hello,
After packaging game, I get random crashes with Access Violation. I can’t find a reliable way to replicate crash so I don’t know exactly what is causing this. I only have a stack trace of a crash and DX11 increase the plausibility of crash ( it’s 2-3 time more frequent than in dx 12 )
In the editor that never happened.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

NemesisLD_Win64_Debug!FWmfMediaStreamSink::CopyTextureAndEnqueueSample() [D:\UE4.27.0\Engine\Plugins\Media\WmfMedia\Source\WmfMedia\Private\Wmf\WmfMediaStreamSink.cpp:873]
NemesisLD_Win64_Debug!FWmfMediaStreamSink::ScheduleWaitForNextSample() [D:\UE4.27.0\Engine\Plugins\Media\WmfMedia\Source\WmfMedia\Private\Wmf\WmfMediaStreamSink.cpp:1114]
NemesisLD_Win64_Debug!FWmfMediaStreamSink::Invoke() [D:\UE4.27.0\Engine\Plugins\Media\WmfMedia\Source\WmfMedia\Private\Wmf\WmfMediaStreamSink.cpp:978]
RTWorkQ
RTWorkQ
RTWorkQ
ntdll
ntdll
kernel32
ntdll

Can someone give me some hint about what might cause this?

• UE 4.27 Compiled Source From Github

Hello!

I have the same crash too.
I think is crash from asynchronous change of ‘CurrentMediaType’ in FWmfMediaStreamSink::CopyTextureAndEnqueueSample() of WmfMediaStreamSink.cpp of the Unreal Editor source code

I changed the code (see image) to sync the ‘CurrentMediaType’ but I don’t test it in shipping build yet.

Hello again!
I did the some changes in previous version of the fix.
Final version of the fix has been checked by the massive test. Crash is not appeared.

Hey RitorKeir,
I having the same problem that this post. I’ve changed to different computers and I still have the same Crash as he mentions above: LoginId:**********0065c9157786f9a0e897a35
EpicAccountId:**********394ead9d13a95a62b1934f

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

MyProject2_Win64_Shipping!FWmfMediaStreamSink::CopyTextureAndEnqueueSample()
MyProject2_Win64_Shipping!FWmfMediaStreamSink::ScheduleWaitForNextSample()
MyProject2_Win64_Shipping!FWmfMediaStreamSink::Invoke()
RTWorkQ
RTWorkQ
RTWorkQ
ntdll
ntdll
kernel32
ntdll

Could you please tell me what you changed and how you did it with details? I am somewhat new to Unreal and I have tried to understand where this can be configured and I have not found it.
Thank you