Wireframe Rendering

Hello community,

I’m working on a project in Unreal Engine 5 and I would like to render my scene (in sequencer) in wireframe mode. Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to render the final output so that it looks like the wireframe view mode in the viewport.

It seems like Movie Render Queue does not directly support wireframe rendering, and I’m looking for a workaround that would help me achieve this effect. I have tried using wireframe materials, which seems not to be an effective workaround (many models with many different elements and so on).

Could anyone provide guidance or point me towards resources that explain how to achieve this wireframe rendering effect? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance!

There a checkbox in the materials, wireframe

Also, you could try a fake wireframe material

Or maybe

2 Likes

Thanks so much for you reply, I have tried the materials part but that does not render things in wireframe mode, but more importantly I got so many things im my scene that this option and the custom material wont really work because it would be way to much finetuning, since all materials have to be adjusted a bit. At least this is my current understanding, correct me if I am missing something or incorrect :slight_smile:

The show mesh edges option seems to show wireframes in viewport but when I render my scene with movie render queue it renders in lit mode.

The fact that there are to many obejcts in my scene to handle individually is a bit of a limiting factor. I really like the UE default wireframe look, any ideas if there is (maybe even a programatic way) to make the renderer detect/calculate the scene in wireframe mode or maybe even a solution outside UE?

Kind regards

This can be done via shader using barycentric UVs. Here’s a thread that goes over some possibilities.