[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Greetings!
This is a game I’m currently porting from Unity to UE4 to continue it’s development all the way till full release. The Unity version was made by myself except the 3d models, I did all the programming, conceptualization, level design, rigging, animating, etc, lol. It started off as a learning project to familiarize myself with programming in general with Java/C#, eventually once I started uploading videos showing the progress, people got interested, spent half a year and managed to launch a public pre-alpha. Presented game in a student project event at my college, everyone loved it, the staff paid my ticket to present the game in a game expo booth, had lots of people, presented in mainstage, multiple youtubers & pewdiepie played the game. After all that, I decided to go serious on the game, switched from Unity to the all-might UE4. That’s where this adventure starts!
What’s Project Frequency? [WIP]
Project Frequency is an Open World Survival HORROR, Co-op FPS (So much genres). Set on a post-apocalyptic scenario which doesn’t include zombies or an infection, hell/the purgatory/limbo/astral planes (whatever you believe in) has managed to infiltrate the internet and every network due to some frequency manipulations, they slowly started manifesting through technological devices, disrupting it’s behavior and emitting bizzare frequency sounds. Anyone exposed to these vibrations slowly becomes insane and unpredictable, some lash out in violent attacks, others resort to suicide and self-mutilation, they tend to have strong audiovisual hallucinations. Story unfinished atm, most likely to be explained ingame.
- Non linear open world gameplay
- Multiplayer support up to 4 players or more
- Prioritizes horror, actual psychological horror and strong use of the atmosphere to provide the chills
- Visceral, fast and brutal combat with enough depth
- Old school games difficulty (limited ammo, lots of recoil on guns, limited saves, no handholding)
- And much more!
Unreal Engine 4:
Now that you know a bit about the game, here’s what you wanted to see, UE4’s progress!
I’ve implemented so far (C++ and replicated with over 4 players)
- The basic “template” to program everything for LOCAL/SERVER/CLIENT, all functions have to be repeated 3 times for them to work under all netmodes (Even in single player the game is built around networking)
- All the player stats replicated (Health/Stamina/Hunger/Thirst/Sanity)
- Basic RInterpTo melee system with physics (For now, till I get the player animations so I can switch it over to animnotify)
- 3rd Person mesh that the owner can’t see, with animations and blendspaces working
Here’s a video of a quick playtest I did to see if all movement controls worked perfectly in a 4 player simulated environment.
Here’s a pic of the stats working (Still unfinished, gotta sleep!)
Here’s a snip of the sprint code so you guys can see how tedious the process is, I’m still a newb at C++ but it works and it’s similar to what the ShooterGame uses
Once I have my controls/stats working seamlessly, then I can focus on the interaction/combat and AI, that’s all for now, I’ll be posting progress as I move deeper in development, I love this engine!