[WIP] Overwatch Map | Andalusia, Spain

I’m going to make an Overwatch map inspired by Andalusia, Spain together with my partner Héctor Gonzales. We decided Spain because it was not among the original maps of the video game, and the Analucía region because we believe that it is the most artistic and passionate.

1st Week - Blockings
We start with the blocking to create the map.

2 Likes

2nd Week
We have adjusted the blocking that we have made initial. Also, we started with the low poly of the weapon, the town hall and the first modular house.

In Maya

In Unreal

1 Like

3rd Week

This week has been modeling in low of the Houses and the City Council. Also, preparing the UVs.

1 Like

4th Week

We continue with the Low Poly models of the City Council and ending. We have started to put up the Modular Houses.

5 Week

Another week with the low poly. Adjusting the size of some interior assets and starting to give some colors to the environment. One of the hero assets was implemented and modified to make it comfortable for the player.

The houses were changed to Blueprint and some things about the landscape and the weapon were modified. Also, some codes were adjusted to make it look more orderly.

1 Like

6 Week

This week we start with low poly in the exterior of the level. In the square mainly and some benches. Adjusting the Cathedral and testing the texturing style of Overwatch.

7 Week

This week: Bank more than anything. Some assets from the outside such as the flower cart and a kiosk for the florist. The weapon was modified for bake and assets of the cathedral were made. I want to work in the next week with the textures and foliage.

1 Like

Hey Rodmarie_Ruiz,

Over a month of working on this map so far, and it really shows. Scrolling through and seeing all the assets you’re creating and how you’re scaling the world is such an honor. Spectacular work and I can’t wait to see the final product!

PS: Thanks so much for sharing it with us in the UE community. Such a privilege to watch things as they develop. :sunglasses:

1 Like

8 Week

This week we already started with the textures. We are doing quick tests to see how it is being reflected in Unreal. We have created a Master Material with parameters for the water (we still have to adjust it but it looks good). Also, the UVs are preparing so that we can do the lighting. We continue to implement new assets and improve the ones we already have.

CAMARAS

WORKING

1 Like

9 Week

It seems that we have done little this week, but the reality is that we have started with tests of texture, lights, fog, among other things. In addition, we start with the textures of the car that is going to be pulled over the course of the map.

We have to look at the UVs because the lightmaps are not giving problems and we have lowered the FPS.

CAMARAS

WORK

10 Week

We took a little vacation as personal problems arose. But we are back!

I’m sorry to tell you that this week the project got out of hand. An error occurred and we have not saved this month’s progress. Luckily, we have been able to recover almost all of the content.

For this week, we start with the foliage. Finishing the cathedral and painting some assets. Also, the UVs of all the assets of the Town Hall and Houses B were completed.

We have updated the “Master Materials” and we have divided it into several categories: Architecture, General Assets, Assets with Opacity, Water and Landscape. We’re still missing one, but we’ll be making final changes for this week.

CAMARAS

WORK

1 Like

Hey @Rodmarie_Ruiz,

Hope you’re doing well!
Sorry to hear you guys have had a rough time but, as always, the updates are looking amazing! There’s another developer that is also building an overwatch map here in the forums and it’s so fun to look between both projects as they grow.

Massive compliments to the flower and plant designs. They’re beautiful :slight_smile:

Keep up the spectacular work and hope all your technical difficulties are behind you.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your attention, @PresumptivePanda :heart: I hope we can finish this project with the best quality. :blush: I’m anxious to put it in my portfolio.

1 Like

CAMARAS

WORKING

Uploading: 04_Hector_Tienda.gif…

1 Like

12 Week

This week has been a bit of a mess. The GameJam delayed me and we were optimizing the level because there were fps problems.

2 Likes

Hey again @Rodmarie_Ruiz,

Hope you’ve been doing well despite all the delays!

Seeing your updates is always a highlight of my week, its so much fun being able to watch this grow and develop. Andalusia is looking amazing as always and the amount of detail you’ve already poured into this project is so exciting!

Looking forward to your next update and sending lots of support with having no-technical-issues. :heartpulse:

1 Like

13 Week

This week has been mostly foliage! I implemented the hotel and I only need one building to remove the definitive blocking.

My partner got sick, so excuse me if I bring incomplete content.

Camaras

Work

1 Like

14 Week

Giving color to the map. Light settings, house asset adjustments and some new painted assets.

2 Likes

15 Week

We do a lot of changes. We paint assets, fixed house roof issues, adjust assets, fix UVs for buildlight. We redo lighting of the scene.

We remove almost all interiors because we dont have much time for finish the proyect, only less than a month left. I plan to continue this project once the delivery to the university is finished.

Go to Twitter to see my individual process and a sample video of the map :heart:

CAMARAS

WORK

1 Like