[WIP] Command Bridge Star Trek Ship

Hello everyone, I’m Jonathan Ávila and I’d like to show you the progress of my final project for my Videogame Art Master at Universal Arts School (Spain, Valencia).

My idea is to create a new command bridge of the Enterprise ship with different elements from the different versions of the Enterprise ship that we have seen in movies and series.

In this post I upload some photos of my blocking and the references that I am going to use to develop my project, and later I will update it with the weekly advances that I am making.

All criticism and suggestions will always be welcome. Hope you like.

4 Likes

Sorry, I forgot the references

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
in this second week I present my progress, and I have decided to expand the command bridge a little adding a new strategy room and also a corridor that will end in an elevator.
As always, criticism, ideas and suggestions are always welcome.

Greetings

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
I present to you the progress of the third week. I have focused mainly on the access corridors to the bridge and I have begun to model the pilots’ table in the bridge.
As always any suggestion, advice or criticism is welcome.

Greetings

4 Likes

Greetings @Jon.Avred, I hope you’re doing well. You’re already three weeks into this project, and your “Command Bridge Star Trek Ship” is coming together nicely! Admittedly, I’ve only really watched the Star Trek movies growing up, so I’m not well versed in the show’s lore. :sweat_smile:

All the same, I enjoyed the films. I can’t wait to see how your Command Bridge Ship turns out, and thanks for the continued updates! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Zezkaii. I have always loved science fiction and I am a big fan of the great sagas of this kind of movies like Star Trek or Star Wars… and many others. That’s why for my final work I wanted to combine my two great passions, modeling and science fiction. I hope to continue growing as a modeler and improving day by day. Thank you very much for your words, I feel very grateful.
Greetings

1 Like

The pleasure is all mine! I love science fiction and am a huge fan of Stars Wars also, so getting to witness creations like yours is always a plus in my book. Keep up the great work! :grin:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
fourth week of progress in my project. This week I have focused on the modeling of the Pilots Table, and some corrections. I’m still finishing texturing, so next week it will be uploaded.
As always any comment, suggestion or criticism is always welcome.

Greetings

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
fifth week of progress in my project. This week I have finished texturing the Pilots Table, and have made some optimizations.

Greetings

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
sixth week of progress on my project. This week I have finished some assets, such as the exterior screen, spaceship staff chairs and operator tables and screens

Greetings

3 Likes

Greetings @Jon.Avred !

I started with the blocking for your project. I tried imagining what the Command Bridge would look like once you’ve added textures to it. After scrolling down to see the details added to the Pilot’s Table and the hallway, I was very impressed - more than what I imagined! This is fleshing out excellently!

How did you decide on the scaling for your project to ensure it is the correct size for your character model? Did you create the screens yourself? Finally, are you a Trekkie? Do you dare to boldly go where no man has gone before? :vulcan_salute:t4:

2 Likes

Hello Get_DOVAH_it, thank you very much for your words.
To make the scale, I imported the mannequin from EU to Maya and from there I have been making all the assets on a human scale, for a person of approximately 180 cm.

As for the screens, no, they are not my entire creation. I have taken from some pages that offered free wallpapers and I have been adding them to the project. In some it is true that I have added some figures or buttons with substance painter, but in general practically all the screens are not my work.

I like Star Trek, also Star Wars, in general everything related to space science fiction, I love it, that’s why I wanted my master’s final proyect to be about space.

Greetins

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
7th week of progress on my project. This week I have finished the consoles on the bridge operators’ tables, as well as the information screens on the walls of each station.

Greetings

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
8th week of progress on my project. This week I have finished some complementary assets, such as the captain’s chair, access doors, side tables…

Cheers

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
Ninth week of progress on my space command bridge project. This week I’ve finished adding some assets (some panels, consoles, elevator, ceiling) and correcting some textures and props (screen brightness, doors…). I hope you like it and as always any comment, suggestion or criticism is always welcome.

Cheers

3 Likes

Your ship is coming alive; these assets and textures are just perfect. Each week this masterpiece in the making gets lovelier and lovelier, Jon! As usual, keep up the great work. :grin:

1 Like

It is a pleasure to watch how your blockout evolve pice by pice into such a great artwork.
Exited to see more of this.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your words, they encourage me a lot to continue in this and future projects… the truth is that I have dedicated a lot of time to my project, but I don’t care, because I love what I do, modeling and creating a sci- fi 3D and that it looks like those space science fiction movies that I like so much.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I appreciate much your word… I tried to do my best in this project and overall to learn much about this fascinating world of 3D design and especially, sci-fi design.

1 Like

The pleasure is all mine. Jon, I admire your dedication to your work. The quality of your work reflects that dedication. I look forward to seeing further updates!