Download

Wiki Code Tutorials

Regarding this question, see this tutorial of mine!

I suggest working from the C++ Templates in UE4 as a starting point, and learning from there.

My above tutorial is an entry level guide to UE4 C++ that should get you going quite happily :slight_smile:

Rama

hi rama, i see you youtube video Relative Point Gravity systemhttps://youtube.com/watch?v=_VFninMa9Nc
this is so cool, and this is what i want in UE4, i want make a rocket game like kerbal space program, which will use such system.
how can i make a ball have it’s own gravity in UE4 in blueprint?
can you help me? i don’t know c++ :slight_smile:

thanks a lot!

That’s a big project, and not something I can easily expose as a blueprint node via plugin :slight_smile:

I could make a custom gravity BP node though, and you could handle the rest of the logic in blueprints, will let you know when I get around to doing that :slight_smile:

Rama

A little late to the party but I thought i’d join in as well with a tutorial. Before I post it i’d like to thank Rama for all of his tutorials he’s posted up and the amount of work he has put in to the entire section. I probably won’t be creating nearly as much as Rama but I would like to help people get their foot in the door for folks who are new to programming and really want to get involved with Unreal Engine 4.

Anyways, please enjoy.

Wow this is quite the extensive and well-written tutorial!

Thanks for sharing!

:heart:

Rama

New Tutorial

**Unions

Example: Converting Binary Data to a Float variable**

Enjoy!

Rama

Very cool, and thank you! I will enjoy this very much. :slight_smile: Was this submitted recently? I usually check every couple of days on the recent additions and never see it change. Figured there just wasn’t much Wiki love going on.

Hey Guys!

I know Rama already set up a pretty darn good interactive HUD system, but I took that system as a learning step, then…

• made it a class level object orientated system
  • made it so it has multiple button states (Normal, Highlight, Clicked)
  • animation
  • can all be handled in material editors, etc.
    (Meaning full artist control!)

(Whether or not it’s better or worse is up for debate, as I’m pretty new to this…)

I loosely based it around Unity 3D’s OnGUI system, so here you go!
Unity Style HUD system!

GUI Windows and Layouts will be coming soon, but I don’ think this is too bad for a 3 day power session! **xD
**(1351 Lines… Cry…)

If anyone has any queries or anything, feel free to PM me!
Also feel free to contribute and work on any UObject Memory Management issues that may crop up!
Only been using Unreal’s C++ for a few weeks, so there may be a few… (A LOT) of problems!

-Peace

Wow this is really well developed and useful!

I really think you should give this system its own thread!

And it’d be great if you could make a video demoing what it can do!

:slight_smile:

Great work Loken!

Rama

Hello people, just for share, i made a tutorial for link real dll inside ue4

please check in the wiki page

greeting !!!

Here the link, enjoy!!

Wow, once again someone whose first post is a community offering!

Welcome to the forums ZkarmaKun!

Rama

Infinitely Better Float as String With Precision

I just finished a new and much better and much lighter Float as String With Precision algorithm!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Featured Tutorial

File Management, Create Folders, Delete Files, and More!

Rama

I love your tutorials. If its something you think others might benefit from too, I would love to see one on spawning physics constraints at runtime.

I will do a tutorial when I have enough time, but the core code to spawn constraint at runtime looks like this!

//set up the constraint instance with all the desired values
FConstraintInstance ConstraintInstance;
//set values here

ConstraintComp = NewObject<UPhysicsConstraintComponent>(RootSMA);
if(!ConstraintComp) return;
//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
//Update Vibes!
ConstraintComp->ConstraintInstance = ConstraintInstance;
//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Set World Location
ConstraintComp->SetWorldLocation(RootSMA->GetActorLocation());

//Attach to Root!
ConstraintComp->AttachTo(RootSMA->GetRootComponent(), NAME_None, EAttachLocation::KeepWorldPosition);

//~~~ Init Constraint ~~~
ConstraintComp->SetConstrainedComponents(RootSMA->StaticMeshComponent, NAME_None, TargetSMA->StaticMeshComponent,NAME_None);

EDIT never mind it didn’t take that long

I am even sharing my physics constraint library functions with you!

**New Wiki Tutorial

[COLOR="#000000"]Creating Dynamic Physics Constraints During Runtime

My Physics Library Functions Included!**[/COLOR]

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Physics_Constraints,_Create_New_Constraints_Dynamically_During_Runtime

Rama

Pffft… show off. Haha, i’m kidding. Great work and thanks for the new tutorial!

I love it. Thank you so much!

You’re welcome!

Yaay!

:o

Rama

Wow Rama, your the best (and really seem to be saving the Epic team quiete some work)!

Haha thanks Borzi!

Great to hear from you!

:heart:

Rama