Widgets being rendered out of order?

I have a widget blueprint that is supposed to be placed on top of everything else. But for some reason, there is one text block widget (with completely default settings) that is still rendering on top of it.

This is all nested in one widget, so ZOrder isn’t a factor. Instead, it should be the order of the hierarchy. And this text block is rendering over the other widget despite being placed above it on the hierarchy, which should force it to be rendered underneath the widget.

Here, the widget that should be above has a black background, black outline, and some white text. The text block that should be underneath it is circled in red, and the widget’s position in the hierarchy is circled in the bottom left.

The widget and the text block are part of two separate hierarchies within a grid panel. The widget is nested within a vertical box that consists of the “rarity,” “class,” and the two icons and text beneath them.

The text block is nested in a horizontal box that consists of the two overlays on the right that have an image and text.

The vertical box (the left widget) is placed below the horizontal box (the right widget) in the hierarchy, meaning that it, and everything inside of it, should be rendered on top of everything in the horizontal box. And this is true, except for that one text block, which always renders on top of any widget I place.

After a lot of testing, I think that the problem lies in the size box that I’m using to prevent the widget (the one with the black background and text) from resizing the overlay that it’s nested in. When I remove the sizebox, you can see that the overlay resizes (which is what I wanted to prevent), but the widgets are layered in the correct order:

Has anyone encountered this problem before, or know a way to fix it (either by using a different method to prevent resizing or by fixing the text block or sizebox’s layering)? Any help would be really appreciated!

Bump :slight_smile:

Did you have any luck with this? I am struggling with a similar issue.