Widget video missing in packaged folders

HI.

My game has an intro movie in a widget. I’ve used this solution instead of the Intro movie feature (Project settings/Movie) because I need a perfect clean transition from that movie to the game.

It’s working perfect, in the editor and also in the packaged game. But ONLY in my computer. On any other device I only get a white screen for the duration of the video clip.

I’ve found there’s no video file in the package folder. It’s not included in the package.

When I use the ProjectSettings’ “Intro movie” feature, the video file is immediately copied to Project/Content/Movies folder,and then copied from there to an equivalent folder when tou pack the game. FIne.

But, using the “video in widget” method, when I import the video clip it’s not copied to my project folder and neithe included in the packaged folder. It seems UE4 just stores the path of the mp4 file in my hard drive.

This:

When I run the exe in my own computer, the path to the original mp4 file is still there, so it works fine. But when I move to any other CPU, obviously, the file is missing.

I’ve tried to manually include the mp4 file in the packaged folder structure, but it’s not working. Different drive unit and path, I guess.

Anyone knows how to make this work?

1 Like

Got it.

I’ll respond to myself, mght be useful for others.

You MUST manually copy you video file to you project/Content/Movies folder.
Then, import to to unreal from that location.

This way the video is included in the package. Also, an .uasset is generated.

It’s working fine now. I also created the MediaPlayer and the Material in the same folder, but that might not be necessary.

2 Likes

Thank you for this! You’re the real MVP, icierva.