Widget position on screen changes when I change the resolution

1. Picture of the red widget inside Unreal Engine

2. Playing game on 960x540

3. Playing game on 1280x720

4. Playing game on 1920x1080

As you can see, the aspect ratio is the same for all resolutions: **16:9, **and larger the resolution is, the red button moves to the right. I want (and need) the button always in the same place as the picture number 1.

Did you anchor the widget? ( Is that pattern in the widget, or in the game? )

Hi ClockworkOcean. Yes, I did anchor the widget. The number 2, 3 and 4 images are screenshots in the game.

Right, but what is the diamond pattern? Is that also in the widget, or on a surface in the game?

The diamond is a widget image inside the canvas panel, and this is it’s anchor:

Ok, that anchor means ‘change position with screen size’ basically. Have you tried:

Screenshot_10.jpg

**Thank you!!! **It’s perfect. That fixed my problem.

Now, for some reason, I have this problem (the 640x480 button is in fact a 960x540 button, so it’s a 16:9):
The black background image fills the entire canvas in the engine, but playing the preview stand alone, the corners are like this whatever the resolution is. Both resolution and image are 1920x1080:

My mistake. When I play on Selected Viewport I have that problem, but when I play Standalone Game it works perfectly and I don’t have the problem above, so I guess the select viewport doesn’t show the game as it’s really is, and everything is working fine now.

Thank you very much ClockworkOcean!!!

I don’t know if there is a way I can highlight your answer as the right one, or if only the moderators can do that, but for anyone reading this topic, the right answer is the post number #6.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :slight_smile: