Widget interaction collision problems when have too many objects in the level

Here is my project, I am in the same map samp level, Widget Interaction component has been unable to use(have no collision with 3D Widget) when I update to 4.17(it normal in 4.14), I tried for several hours to find the problem:

1. First image: When I NO LOADING THE ENTIRE LEVEL’S meshes and volumes, the Widget Interaction component works FINE!
  2. Last images: When I LOAD ALL THINGS IN THE LEVEL, the Widget Interaction component TOTALLY NOT WORKING!
    I will start to make my own interactive pointer tomorrow, I just want to report this BUG.

218034-

Hello mottH,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any settings/blueprints/widgets that may be involved?

Thank you for your reply.

I try to create a new 4.17 VRTemplate, just copy 3D Widget, Meshes, Actors, Volumes into it. All Pawn and Controller use of the VR Template default, Widget Interaction component also cannot work.

I’m sorry I can not upload a picture due to the network problem. But I found the reason: my pawn and Widget Interaction component is inside a huge blueprint (I use to determine the player’s position), this actor only has two OverlapEvent ( Begin and End) to change an enum state. Just delete this blueprint actor Widget Interaction component will act normal, but for functional consideration, I can not delete this Actor.

I fixed the problem. I turn the big overlapping box’s Visibility to “Ignore”, it the Widget Interaction component should work fine. Thanks, Rudy Q :diamonds::diamonds:

218076-fixed3.png

To others having this issue, please be aware that Widget Interaction Components now collide with Physics Volumes if the volumes have the Visibility Collision Channel turned on.

This means that if you have a Fluid volume in version 4.15 and you upgrade to 4.18; by default, your Widget Interaction Component won’t work inside this volume until you turn off the Visibility Collision!

(Took me 7 hours to figure this out)

This Saved me ! It was the physics volume blocking me too

How I fixed a similar issue

In the settings for the Widget Interaction Component I changed “Trace Channel” from “Visibility” to “Camera” and my collisions no longer had issues.

286930-solution.png