I have tested this in 4.16.3 and 4.17.2
Steps to reproduce are as follows:
- Create a c++ third person template project
- Cook the project for windows
- Launch the cooked build to verify it works
- Go back to the editor, and Edit the Third Person Character
- Add a Widget Component (It doesn’t matter if there is a widget class applied or not)
- Cook the project again
- Launch the cooked build, and nothing will appear
- Open Task Manager to verify the process is running.
I would also like to add that this doesn’t have any issues with PIE.
The goal is floating health bars, but when I narrowed it down to what was causing the cooked build to linger as a background process it looks like its simply adding a widget component to the character
Thank you for submitting a bug report. I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here
You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff. Please be aware that this issue may not be prioritized or fixed soon.
Cool thanks for looking into it