Widget Component Space "screen" not Touchable when using Mobile default Virtualjoystick

Hello!

Hope someone can help me on this.

This is happening on Mobile, using the default virtual joystick

I have created a simple widget with Space Screen

And I have the joystick

If I remove the leftVirtualJoystick, the widget is Touchable and working fine.

It seems the leftVirtualJoystick is over the widget and then is not touchable , how I can fix that?

Note1: I’m using “Use Mouse for Touch” enabled to test the “touchable”.

Note2: I don’t wan’t to use World Space with widgetInteraction, first because the colors on screen are different when it’s displayed as world Space and also becuase even I put it infront, it doesn’t look nice as Space “Screen”

any help on this?

Thank you!

Bump please

Did you manage to resolve this? I have to have the same issue.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/android-development/1832293-virtual-joystick-blocking-screen-space-widget-interaction

No…No one is answering this question… and it’s really a bug…

Yes, I found this too and tried but is not working with the last version 4.25…Also, there should be a good solution without touching the code. It not make sense that this can happen… a widget that is toucbale is blocked by the defautl joystick, it doesn’t make sense.

Just some observation while I have been trying to figure this out.

I don’t think it just the screen space widgets I’ve got click events on actors also and when the virtual joystick is active they won’t even acknowledge the events. Have you seen this behaviour?

I’ve also noticed using the widget reflector debugging tool that when the virtual joystick is on the screen the widget covers the whole screen it visibility is set to visible, so the events are getting past it.

I have tried using the z-index of the widgets to pull them in front of the joysticks but to no avail.

Yes, the issue is that by default, the joystick cover whole screen and there is no way to change the z-index on that joystick. I don’t know why joydstick is covering all screen, it should cover only the part touchable. Ue4 need to fix this. Let’s see if someone have a solution for this… becuase this should be a common issue who want to use Screen Widget in a Mobile using the default joystick…

Found this but it old and i cant figure out how to do it without having to compile by soure.

did you find a solution?

Afraid not.

For now i have line trace under mouse which can hit an actor with the vitual joysticks still active.
This suits my needs right at this moment, althoufh i would prefer to have a solution that allows clicks on widgets as well. Cant believe noone else has had this issue…

any help please?

I have a similar issue where i have a widget component on a 3d actor. The widget itself has a button. If I turn off the virtual joysticks, the button functions as it should, but if the joysticks are on, the button does not work. I have tried various settings for z order, enabled hardware input on widget component, focusable on and off etc. Nothing seems to work.

Anyone can help on this issue? Still happens on ue5

its 2022 and unreal Fqing engine still did not fix this glitch

guuuuuuys no one found a solution plz help us

Hi there,

Would you mind reporting your bug to our team? The Unreal Engine bug submission form can be found here. When submitting a report, we highly encourage everyone to include images and videos, but any and all details are helpful!

We may reach out if more information is needed.

Thanks!

ok I will try thank u

1 Like

i did, thank u for telling me, because i did not know where to report a bug. now lets wait

1 Like

i got a repsonse from ue team it said " you may not receive a follow-up message from our team.
" how am i going to know to way to fix the problem ? or if the problem got fixed??