Widget bend like sphere / weapon clipping walls

Hi, I have some questions what i hope can be solved

1: How can i bend 3d widget like a old screen, or render widget on a any type of mesh (needs to be interactable).
Only way what i found is put a screen mesh in front and add refraction but is not good method

2: How to avoid the weapon clipping walls, i know to is not possible to render by layers and the unic solution what i found is make an animation to hide or retire hand from the wall or incrase capsule collision size or reduce character mesh size.
Now i set the character mesh smaller and is working fine, but… what happens if i want to interact with other things on the scene or if there are any melee combat… that’s look’s horrible… I need other way to do this.

Thanks so much!

You can add a widget component to a blueprint.

That should give you the functionality you’re looking for: Widget Components | Unreal Engine Documentation Basic UMG UI Animation - #48 Unreal Engine 4 Beginner Tutorial Series - YouTube

I’m not sure about bending like an old screen, you’ll probably want to learn the basics of widgets before trying to tackle that.

Here is a good place to start: Basic UMG UI Animation - #48 Unreal Engine 4 Beginner Tutorial Series - YouTube

As for clipping, I don’t think there is a simple fix for this. One possible solution would be adding multiple collision components to the base mesh and then enabling/disabling when needed.

Here is a thread that I think is related to what you’re working on: Plasma/Energy Shield like in Star Wars - C++ Programming - Unreal Engine Forums

Hi Arlyn,

know the basics of the widgets, i know how to make a 3D widget and set it interactable but i want to bend a widget like an old screen or project the widget on a surface like decal or make a texture to adapt on a surface. Maybe can make texture wich a capture component or something like this but i need to interact with it.

For the clipping walls… i thing is not possible to add more than one collision component to nav in the scene at least with blueprints.

Thanks!

Ah I see

I agree, I think a decal then would be your best bet. You could use a material instance that has a parameter that switches textures when the player does an action. It would be pretty complicated to do that for a whole interface and I don’t know of a simple way to do it.

good luck!