Why won't light build?

Hello,
I recently rebuilt a machine, and i haven’t been able to get light to build. first i tested launcher versions of 4.22 and 4.23 but attempting to build light failed. then i installed the 4.24 source version of the engine, and manually compiled unrealLightmass in the solution, and that solution compiled fine, but when running a clean project, the lighting would still not build.
other things i have troubleshooted based on forums searches:

• tried running light build with windows defender disabled (realtime disabled, firewall off, allowed apps in list if firewall is on)
  • checked to make sure multiple instances of swarm aren’t running
  • cleared cache and validated through swarm
  • tried alternate directories for the cache
  • updated video drivers with updated directx as that is integrated into windows updates now
  • 16Gb of RAM on machine, and just testing on a clean project, so i don’t think memory is an issue
  • made sure swarm related folders were not read-only

none of these solutions led to a successful lighting build.
the one error i do get in the swarm agent log is:

Code:
[Interface:OpenJob] Error: Invalid class

i have no clue what class this is referring to, but this is the error i got when testing on three different engine builds.

i’m testing this on clean projects and empty levels as well as the template levels. i guess this is a machine specific issue because other computers it works fine. i’ve checked for latest .NET updates as well, and am using 4.8.

are there any other things i may be overlooking?

Reinstalling windows was a last resort, but it worked. With a fresh system restore, and re-installation of 4.23, lightmass is working.