Why Volumetric Clouds dissapear at night?

I’m creating dynamic day and night system. I faced some problem with volumetric clouds, I want to keep them at night time but now if my sun went down they just disappear and I don’t understand why and how to change It…

Any ideas?

And also I don’t like solution when moon is also directional light because I need to show moon at day time with texture…

I found a bad solution for my problem. I modify standart cloud material and multiply the same texture that used for albedo with LightIntencity float (0,000015) variable and attached It to Emissive Color of material.

I added blueprint which set LightIntensity to 0,000015 at nighttime and set LightIntensity to 0 at daytime.

It’s okay for me I think but It’s still a bad solution because you can’t show your clouds in black colors like in real life, any black colors on clouds just make them transparent that means they don’t hide the stars or moon behind them. I think that I’ll add some blueprint which will make LightIntensity of stars less when too much clouds…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.